• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Theme Of The Week #5- Blade Runner

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

badlemon - 13 June 2017 12:36 PM

Except for a few lines (like Roy’s emblematic ending speech) Blade Runner was mostly “humans are good. androids are bad. let’s shoot em up”.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you watched it, as that’s pretty shallow take on it. It’s far more complex movie than that. And I’m not even talking about the possibility that Deckard is a replicant, as that matter very little on the big picture.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

tomimt - 13 June 2017 03:34 PM

Except for a few lines (like Roy’s emblematic ending speech) Blade Runner was mostly “humans are good. androids are bad. let’s shoot em up”.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you watched it, as that’s pretty shallow take on it. It’s far more complex movie than that. And I’m not even talking about the possibility that Deckard is a replicant, as that matter very little on the big picture.

I watched it again a year ago (right after I read the novel). I may have exaggerated a bit to express my point. I didn’t mean to say it was that shallow (Ridley’s Blade Runner and Alien are among my favorites). Just wanted to imply that it tells a different story. It would be nice to dive deeper into Deckard’s psyche and observe his constant change of thinking during the whole story instead some of the action scenes.  But it’s understandable as Ridley never even finished the book Smile

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The book does, indeed, have quite a bit of stuff in it that didn’t make it to the movie. Personally, I would have loved seeing more of the relationship of humans towards animals, real and replicated, the religious aspects and all.

But then again, I really love what Scott did do with the material he had, as Philp K. Dick’s works won’t necessarily turn into movies as they are, considering the metaphysical levels he often soars at. And I can fully see, that not everyone would be able to finish his books, despite Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep? is one of his easiest to approach.

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Last offtopic. tomimt, would you recommend me something else from Philip Dick besides this one, The Man In The High Castle, A Scanner Darkly and The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch (personal favorite) which I’ve already read.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It’s been a while since I’ve read his works, and I haven’t read all of them, but I do recall enjoying the following:

Lies Inc.
Ubik
Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said

But I do think he’s one of those writers from whom you can take almost any story and enjoy it if you like his style. He really should be more influential today than he is, but let’s hope the upcoming TV-series Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams will give his work more exposure.

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Will try them out. The TV series sound really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Flow My Tears and Lies Inc. are of my favs too, anyways as Tomimt said PKD books are priceless but i suggest staying away from VALIS trilogy (Divine Invasion & Timothy Archer), also his short stories are as great too, i suggest for anyone who had never read PKD before to start with/from.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

One interesting note,since win98 game works fine on all windows versions.BR manages always keep up with times maybe that’s why no reason to remake.

Oscar - 13 June 2017 01:09 PM

Not really. In fact it’s probably even shallower - the open endedness pretty much strips the plot of any meaning.

Director’s cut doesnt leave any open endedness and that’s how
Scott meant to be.

tomimt - 13 June 2017 03:34 PM

Director cut’s unicorn dream sequence confirms Decard is a replicant,Roy who saves Deckard, values life ,without thinking either he’s replicant or human.
That’s not much shallow for a replicant who is more human than human afterall.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Gabe - 15 June 2017 04:57 AM
Oscar - 13 June 2017 01:09 PM

Not really. In fact it’s probably even shallower - the open endedness pretty much strips the plot of any meaning.

Director’s cut doesnt leave any open endedness and that’s how
Scott meant to be.

I was talking about the game. I like the movie just fine.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I never played this game (yes, shame) but I haven’t it installed since it was one the possible CP. Booted it up yesterday to see the intro, really nails the atmosphere of the movie. That hard boiled woman detective seems fun.
Also, November 2019? I say it’s possible so reach that level in 2 years

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Happy birthday, Advie!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thank you diego ma-man, that is original. Laughing

this vid-link is the craziest thing you would ever hear outta PKD (documented) and his crazy mad life he had led, aswel he’s not in need to mention it is the craziest of all the authors’ modern literature history, and disturbingly mad!

edit: i guess i did del my earlier thank you note Diego, not intended of course

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The Blade Runner game was pretty amazing when released. Played it several times - thought it was great.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This is not called execution. It is called retirement.
anyone missing my threads already Tongue

this was my last seriously, but i m fooling around now with this post, especially that Bladerunner quote fits my situation quite right, will miss doing threads at this site really, but new blood has to come forward and so i left it at their hands.

and at least Zobraks is not here anymore to give me hell about how i changed what i had said each time i said something similar .. but this time tho here is not here, i am not gonna let you down MR.Z, i hope you are reading this.

miss you already Zobraks.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This is not called execution. It is called retirement.

One of my favorite lines from the movie, I would love to play another Blade Runner adventure game if one ever gets made.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top