• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adera - a small huge step in casual adventure scene

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I was reading about Adera, a new episodic hidden object game and i’m still thinking “what a ...”, even after reading publisher’s reasoning.

The publisher is Microsoft! I wouldn’t have thought that they want to expand to casual scene. MS wants to introduce Xbox Live “to adult women who wouldn’t normally be heavy Xbox Live gamers”.
Adera will be Windows 8 and Xbox360 exclusive, of course (and we’ve seen how “new Windows exclusive ” games fare (Halo 2, Shadowrun)).

If anyone wants more info, or to shake head or laugh at MS claims, follow the links (or google more)
http://www.giantbomb.com/adera/61-39629/
http://www.geekwire.com/2012/adera-xbox-live-game-broadens-appeal-windows-8/
http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/31/hitpoint-studios-unveils-adera-game-for-windows-8-and-microsoft-surface-tablet/

What do you think? I MS competent to step casual scene, and dare i say, slightly touching adventure genre? Is Xbox Live really a place for soccer moms? Is MS going to conquer the world with it’s new initative? Is it reasonable to keep it/any game exclusive for selected platform(s)?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

So shocking enough. Finally made the jup to Windows 8 and discovered this lil gem. This is a casual adventure that offers more than what most casual adventures offer. Great production values, great set up, 360 environment interaction, and so far a fun adventure. Surprised not many people have tried this game yet.

Check it out! I’m playing it on my non-touch computer so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Casual gaming’s main audience is Soccer Moms and House Wives….sadly this makes adventure gamer sound like pussies but whatever. Xbox Live is a place for soccer moms just like BigFish is because its integrated right into Windows 8. What better way to entertain the audience than make these things available up front in a new OS?

EDIT: Yeah, this game is really high quality. I’m loving it. Beautiful visuals, simple and well placed HOG scenes, adventure style puzzles, great story, great voice acting, cute guy, well done cutscenes and animation, etc. Definitely surprising the hell out of me.

The first episode has a lot of riveting questions, sort of on the level of the pilot for LOST. Hopefully this game answers questions better. lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top