• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

End of the Line

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Now that The Sleeping Machine have finished their magnum opus The Dream Machine, they will hopefully be able to concentrate their efforts on the upcoming title End of the Line. Judging by the draft screenshot and summary from the Creative Europe grant, it seems both visually and conceptually similar to their previous game. This looks very promising!

“End of the Line is a game about memories. It takes place in the brief hallucinatory moment when life is said to ‘flash before your eyes’. The player guides an old woman through memories of her life, and helps her reconstruct important moments from her past. Her memories are fragmented, broken and out-of-sequence though, and it’s up to the player to try to make them coherent. End of the Line takes place in an old decommissioned subway system – a metaphor for the old woman’s memories. The player guides the woman to different subway stations in varying states of disrepair, each representing a memory or a specific period from her life. The way the player helps the woman remember has a direct, permanent effect on the storyline and affects what parts of the subway system that can or can’t be explored. Remembering an event in a certain way might open up related memories, but it might also close others. The game places a heavy emphasis on atmosphere and narrative. Eotl will be available for PC/Mac/Linux and for hand held devices such as the iOS.”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Great News, hope it would take less than 7 years this time be finished.
but it’s great news anyhow, TDM had the best puzzles i encountered for as long as i remember.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Great news!  I’d said in a previous thread that I hoped they were working on another game.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Technically they aren’t actually working on this yet. They’ve told me it’s in “pre-pre-production” and that they’ll actually be doing some other small projects before getting started on this in earnest.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top