• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

ASA: A Space Adventure

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

There’s an “ending”. A black screen with a text : “end of demo#1” (or “#2”).

In demo#1, it happens a little while after you cross the closed door at this end of the corrifor.

In demo#2, you’ll see it after crossing the water. Demo2 is easier I think.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

ASA: A Space Adventure
Pre-Beta Demo Walkthrough

(demo download : http://bit.ly/SwdGAf)

DEMO #1 : BEGINNING (teleport station)

——————————————————————-
Introduction
——————————————————————-
Watch the opening videos and when you can, click at the top of the screen to stand up.

——————————————————————-
Teleport station
——————————————————————-
Notice the 2 teleport pods in the corridor. One is out of service (sparkles).
Next to it, you can find a memory card on the floor with the 1st part of Forte’s diary. Read it.

You can also find an important paper with explanations on number translations. Write down the Anterran numbers on a piece of paper (in real life) with the corresponding “crossed-squares” numbers.

Go near the bright door. The thief closed it. Have a look at the numeric panel on the right, where you have to enter a code. Click on the up left corner of the poster next to it. It will show the door combination in crossed-squares numbers. Go back to understand these squared numbers : on the left of the wall of the first teleport from the door (outside wall), you can see a small graffiti. It learns you that a crossed-square means 5, 2 crossed-squares mean 10, etc… That’s a way to count : each side of these squares counts for 1, and they’re additive.

Translate the door’s code (from the poster) with the Anterran numbers you found earlier and enter the 5 digits code. The door opens.

——————————————————————-
Central room
——————————————————————-
From the central room you can reach 6 new areas, but the demo ends here.

DEMO #2 : SUNBATH (planet Forte)

——————————————————————-
Introduction
——————————————————————-
Watch the opening video.

——————————————————————-
Second island
——————————————————————-
Go down the platform via the ladder to reach a 360 view. If you go straight away, you reach a pond with a small boat made with the shell of a giant fruit (you can see a tree somewhere with these fruits). Back in the 360 view.

Look around the pond : it is sourrounded by 2 bigger rocks. Visit each of them to see 2 lists of colors. They correspond to the way you have to follow with the boat.
The list on the left is : yellow, red, green, green, red, red, yellow.
The list on the right is : red, white, white, green, yellow, ? [= white, hidden], purple.
[the hidden one must be guessed in situation]

Go back to the boat and get onboard. Click on the colors adjacent to the boat to move, and choose the colors you think good from the combination you found on the rocks. The correct order is :
[list from the right] + [list from the left], which gives :
red, white, white, green, yellow, [white], purple, yellow, red, green, green, red, red, yellow.

If not successful, a trap is activated and you have to try again.
If you made it correctly, you reach the other side of the pond. One more click and the demo ends.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

I’m glad to announce that the production of ASA is finished. The game will release in december.

Yesterday, I played ASA from the beginning to the very end for the first time. I can tell you that, going through the game peacefully, and solving the puzzles by heart, it took me 4+ hours. In my opinion, that’s quite a good result.

ASA in numbers :

- 10 hours is the estimated life of the video game (5h if you know it already).
- 108 videos for a total of 25 minutes (including all videos : menu, options, in-game, credits, etc…)
- 970 pictures, used in 1 138 frames
- 20 music tracks
- 19,8 GB occupied on my hard drive
- 5+ months of production = 160 days = 320 cups of tea (0 coffee !)
- 1200+ hours of calculation (rendering) for the 3D videos = 120 nights without sleeping for my notepad!
- 6 hours on writing the full walkthrough… grrr…
- 60+ bugs (or things to improve) detected during the beta… and yet to fix ! argl !
- 1 death : my 250 GB (2,5”) hard drive ! RIP

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Fantastic news Simon, can’t wait

Do you know yet where we will be buying the game from?

That it an interesting list of stats. 5 months for a one man operation must be some kind of record or more likely a labor of love. My condolences to the lost of your Hard drive.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

GreyFuss - 29 November 2012 09:32 AM

Do you know yet where we will be buying the game from?

Nothing is sure yet, but gog.com seemed interested. Also, I’ll try to contact the adventure shop (makes me think I wanted to do it yesterday). And I have still hope for Steam Greenlight: maybe I’ll get more votes after the game is released ? Don’t know. In the worst case, I’ll sell it from my own site, even if I don’t know how to do that, yet.

GreyFuss - 29 November 2012 09:32 AM

That it an interesting list of stats. 5 months for a one man operation must be some kind of record or more likely a labor of love. My condolences to the lost of your Hard drive.

lol thanks. I don’t consider this 5 month prod as a record : I didn’t try to prove anything, neither to do the game of the year ^^ Despite all my efforts, there are still some things that would need improvement (animating 3D characters for example, but that’s not my cup of tea)...
Now, all I wish is to find people who like the game… and also taking a break !

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

If you’re interested in ASA, you can listen to the full OST here :
http://karreo.bandcamp.com/

I particularly enjoy the main theme “A Space Journey”, and the theme of planet Kepler “Odd arrival” (try it at 1:50 Wink

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Merry Christmas everyone !

Want to know more about ASA ? Read this article by Indie Statik (impressions) :
http://indiestatik.com/2012/12/24/a-weekend-with-asa-a-space-adventure/

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

I’m very happy to see that there are producers that invest their time in sci-fi projects. The game looks great and very promising. The only negative (for my taste only) is that it’s first-person, which I can’t play anymore (not sure why though). ASA seems to me much more interesting than Perry Rhodan (which is very good of course, but not as mysterious as I’d like) and that’s the reason why I’m still considering of playing it… Anyway, either if I decide to play it or not, it looks like a very good game!

@Simon_ASA. Any chances you’d make something third-person in the future? Cool

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

That was a great article Simon and it only makes me more excited to play A Space Adventure.

BTW, in response to the above post, there are far to few first person games being made these days as the majority of games are third person.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

@scorp18 : I’ve not played Perry Rhodan, I just don’t know if you’ll like ASA, but I hope so. About a 3rd-person game in the future, all I can say is “why not” ? Originally, I’m not into game making, but if people seem to like ASA, then I may continue this way. I really don’t know at this time, but I like the idea. What I can say though, is that making the game on my own was very exhausting, and I don’t think I’ll do it again.

@GreyFuss : it’s true there are much more 3rd-person games than 1st these days. That’s one of the reasons I had decided to make ASA like Myst.

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

GreyFuss - 26 December 2012 12:42 AM

That was a great article Simon and it only makes me more excited to play A Space Adventure.

BTW, in response to the above post, there are far to few first person games being made these days as the majority of games are third person.

Maybe. But not in the Sci-Fi sub-genre. ASA, JULIA and STASIS are first-person. And in general, I haven’t found many AGs in my taste. Secret Files 3 and Zerzura are the only exceptions in the last year. Anyway, let’s not get off-topic (my fault).

ASA must be a great game and I wish Simon all the best for its success!

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

scorp18 -

date=“1356543616

Maybe. But not in the Sci-Fi sub-genre. ASA, JULIA and STASIS are first-person. And in general, I haven’t found many AGs in my taste.

Unless I’m going totally nuts or my understanding of English is letting me down but Stasis is definitely 3rd person.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

Jabod - 26 December 2012 02:16 PM
scorp18 -

date=“1356543616

Maybe. But not in the Sci-Fi sub-genre. ASA, JULIA and STASIS are first-person. And in general, I haven’t found many AGs in my taste.

Unless I’m going totally nuts or my understanding of English is letting me down but Stasis is definitely 3rd person.

You’re absolutely right. I was mistaken. I remembered I decided I wouldn’t play the game because of the perspective (isometric view - not the typical 3rd-person) and my memory (mistakenly) categorized it as a first-person (because I can’t play them anymore). Once more, sorry for getting off-topic.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Good news ! After coming into various troubles, I could finally release ASA ! A bit late, I have to admit…

I invite you to visit the new site http://www.aspaceadventure.fr to watch the new video trailer, .... and possibly buy the game if you’re interested ? Smile

For now, only direct-buy via paypal is available ($7.99) but you can count on Desura soon, and probably Gog later… and maybe more!

I hope you like the game !

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Congrats Simon on the The Game’s Release , i downloaded it , haven’t played it yet (on hold) but its my coming pleasure .

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top