• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

ASA: A Space Adventure

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

looks very beautiful. keep up the good work. i’m catching a glimpse of Space Odyssey inspiration Smile

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thanks badlemon. My original project (short film) had some Space Odyssey inspiration, but the ASA game is absolutely personal Smile

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-08-18

PM

WOW Excellent work Simon_ASA, looking forward to seeing more Smile

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Zenger - 24 October 2012 06:21 AM

WOW Excellent work Simon_ASA, looking forward to seeing more Smile

Thanks! I shall release a playable demo soon.
Will be announced on the game’s blog when ready ! (2011ASA.blogspot.fr)

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I just watched the game play video and all I can say is…HURRY… I can’t wait to play.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hey GreyFuss, thanks ! The playable demo will be posted this week if I’m happy with the result. I’m currently making some adjustments Smile

By the way, if some of you are interested in ASA and want to know more about the music, I posted an article today about the original soundtrack :
http://2011asa.blogspot.fr/2012/10/asa-ost-coming-soon.html
The full OST (18 tracks) will be released in december, 1st. But you can listen to the “Cobalt-5 album”, which is a light version of the full OST (5 tracks).
Only available in streaming today, but I will add a link for download in the next weeks.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Excellent music Simon

I especially liked the first one, A Space Journey, very Myst like. The other 4 tracks were very pleasant listening and were very Outer Spacy. Thanks for letting us listen. Am I assuming wrong the the game will also release on Dec 1st 2012?

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

The game is still supposed to release in november, as announced in the trailer… Officially, it will be the 27th, but I’m afraid I will be a little late, so you’re not totally wrong to assume it will release on the 1st of december Wink

I’m glad you liked the music. Karreo made a great job because they worked remotely via internet, from WIP pictures and videos of the game. I had to make them long textual descriptions so they understand the game and environments, and it was quite exhausting Wink

A Space Journey is one of the best tracks, it’s the main theme of the game. I suppose Odd Arrival is also quite exciting when you listen between 1:50 and 3:30.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

I finally made it : those interested in trying ASA can download a demo.
http://2011asa.blogspot.fr/2012/10/pre-beta-asa-playable-demo.html

There are 2 [very short] demos in one. I think the first one (entitled beginning) is the most interesting and representative of the game. The second one is mostly here to show that the game doesn’t always take place on the spaceship, and that there are different sorts of puzzles.

Thanks in advance if you try it, and don’t hesitate to give your opinion here so I can make a lot of improvements for the final release.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Simon, having downloaded the demo I hit 2 problems immediately.

1.  Trying to run it I got a “not a valid 32bit programme” error.

2.  Norton removed it as a dangerous file due to its low “reputation” score within the
  Norton Community.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Ooooh… Thanks a lot for the info. That’s bad (for me) !
I can assure that the file is absolutely virus-free. It’s due to an .exe I made personally from a .bat, which is supposed to install the required xvid codecs automatically…
For the 32-bits error, I don’t understand… I made some tests here and there and had no problem. That’s really bad…
I think I’ll have to find something else than xvid for the final release of the game.

Edit :
for info, if you have this error during install, it is likely that the videos wont work in the game… If that’s the case, you have to install the latest xvid codecs from the official site. If you have the xvid codecs installed already, you don’t need to install them, so just forget this error.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

An update - which will please Simon Laughing

After Norton bounced it I thought I’d try again. Unzipped the same download with Winrar as before, Norton removed it, I told it to put it back and, hey-presto, the install went fine this time. Odd, but that’s life. I’ll pass comment later when I’ve had a go at the demo.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Norton will always remove the WSReputation file or the .EXE of any downloaded games no matter who its from. It seems though that it only affects Demo downloads and not so much full games. Most of the time this file turns up as a Medium risk and is Quarantined and you can simply restore it from the Quarantined file in Norton. Sometimes, like with ASA (in my case) the scan show the WSReputation file as Bad risk and it removes the .exe file altogether. There have been many developers that have tried to get Norton to show WSReputation as being safe but apparently Norton errs on the side of caution as the file has something that makes it look like a virus. At any rate I downloaded the ASA zip file to a flash drive and installed the Demo on another computer to play. Hope I explained this right. So the problem is Norton not ASA

Jabob

You may want to check to see if in your version of Norton you can restore the file.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thanks a lot for the updates ! Smile

By the way, if someone needs a walkthrough for the demo, just ask. I believe you won’t need one in the demo, but I know the full game can be very difficult.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Does both Demos have an ending or are they just to see what the feel of the game will be?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top