Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker—a game similar to the FMV game Contradiction

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

The infectious madness of doctor dekker is being released today, and seems a lot like the game Her Story, and Contradiction(I believe one of the actors in this game is from contradiction) here is the synopsis

The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker is a Lovecraftian FMV murder mystery, which gives players full freedom to question suspects by typing their own questions instead of picking them from a predetermined list. There are no point and click puzzles to solve, just questions to ask and evidence to inspect.

Finding out who killed Dr Dekker is only one part of the puzzle; working out how to fix the chaos he left behind will be so much trickier… As well as providing clues to the murder, each patient has their own bizarre problem they need your help with – from time manipulation and re-animated loved ones to horrors under the sea.

Complete with an atmospheric soundtrack, The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker invites you to explore the shadow reality that your patients inhabit – a world full of paranormal strangeness and horrors that go bump in your head, where all you have to rely on is your own mind.

Just try not to lose it…

http://store.steampowered.com/app/545540/The_Infectious_Madness_of_Doctor_Dekker/

Total Posts: 3603

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

This looks good. Right up my alley, considering my love for Contradiction.

Edit: I bought it and it doesn’t seem to work.  Meh

Resident Puzzle Analyst
Now playing:
Recently finished: The Dream Machine (9/10) Stories Untold (8/10) Blackwood Crossing (7/10) Little Nightmares (6/10) What Remains of Edith Finch (7.5/10) Syberia 3 (5/10) The Sexy Brutale (9/10) Thimbleweed Park (6.5/10) Paradigm (7.5/10) Bayou Island (3/10) Cayne (6/10)

(6=good, 7=recommended, 8=must play, 9=classic, 10=masterpiece)

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Would love to hear some opinions, if anyone tried it. I have been really curious about The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker for some time. I thought Her Story was a superb idea, but, paradoxically, too linear in execution. Maybe I just got too lucky in my searches, but the story revealed its main twist to me very early on, and the rest of the time I was just joining the dots and looking for extra layers of surprises that never materialised. I was waiting for another go at this kind of gameplay, and Dr Dekker seems like it might be it. And lovecraftian motives are always a plus, too. On the other hand, it does seem rather corny, and if the parser’s not up to task, the experience may easily fall apart.

By the way, clicking on the title, I was rather expecting a thread asking for recommendations. Could a mod please change the title to make it clear that it’s about a specific game? EDIT: Thanks!

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Did people who played Her Story play it until they’d uncovered every last video or just until they’d discovered the plot?

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

I can speak only for myself, but I went the “complete” route. In retrospect, I would’ve probably liked it a bit more had I given up sooner, but there was no guarantee I did discover the whole plot until I unlocked all (or at least most) videos, so…

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I uncovered the whole plot and then kept going until I got bored/ran out of inspiration.  I didn’t uninstall it though, so I’m tempted to go back for the last 20(?)%.

I quite enjoyed the experience btw, but I think I probably uncovered the plot more progressively or was a little slow on the uptake. Tongue

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

dumbeur - 22 May 2017 04:09 PM

Did people who played Her Story play it until they’d uncovered every last video or just until they’d discovered the plot?

I just played until I uncovered the plot.

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »