• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Theme of the Week Info & Discussion

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thanks. Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i think this thread should be pinned with internal links to all the previous themes, for instead of searching thru the site terrible search system for each week when one want to revisit one of them.

when i need to search for an old thread i always use google instead of the search box here, for example, if one writes ‘AG OST’ in the search box you will get nowhere with it, but go to google and write ‘adventuregamers(dot)com AG OST’ you will get it at the first result.

so what i mean without an inefficient search system at the site we need this thread at least for now to be pinned as to direct us to the other weeks and themes.

and on the same point what with the search system here being so inefficient??.
i never searched for anything and gotten any satisfying results at all.

we need the search a search sys that is divided into categories, like when i do search for the thread title, or would i search for the thread kinda subject or do search for a word or a sentence that happen to be mentioned at a thread…etc, with all these kind of identifications its is so useless than searching for a needle in a haystack

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think an appropriate place for the weekly topics would be in the topic TimovieMan started for game recommendations and important/popular threads.  He hasn’t had a chance to update it recently.  (Having 2 babies, a busy job and a dead laptop haven’t helped the situation, I suspect.)  Maybe I can help him with that.  As for the search problem, that’s not my area of expertise.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 June 2017 08:23 PM

I think an appropriate place for the weekly topics would be in the topic TimMovieman started for game recommendations and important/popular threads.  He hasn’t had a chance to update it recently.  (Having 2 babies, a busy job and a dead laptop haven’t helped the situation, I suspect.)  Maybe I can help him with that.  As for the search problem, that’s not my area of expertise.

yes, that would be perfect at least for the time being, thanks for your offering to help n considering my request at the first place.

i only need to turn your attention that when TimMan started that thread, the number of topics (links) weren’t as huge as they are now, so besides you adding the themes to the thread content, i guess it needs a new model plan of presentation of the content;.. i have something in mind that could connect the table of content in a smart way that makes it easier:-
1. for whoever viewing it all in general,
2.for whoever searching for something in particular thru the thread content.

i will do a model of what i have in mind and represent it to you at the next couple of days and all you need is to review it and see what is needed to be done; -such taking approval from Timo or whoever else to make it in the schedule of plans (that after you liking it in the first, place or not) to submit the changes and whatnot.

thanks again for taking my offer of advice seriously LadyK, you are always the best (of the best).

all the respect.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It is Timo’s baby, and he’ll have the final say, but I’m sure he’ll consider your ideas, Advie.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 June 2017 08:46 PM

It is Timo’s baby, and he’ll have the final say

what baby LadyK, before you try to be fair
read what i said

advie - 18 June 2017 08:46 PM

taking approval from Timo

i alreayd said it that we need his approval, we need of course his approval first is what ? said… no one would dare to come next his work

but I’m sure he’ll consider your ideas, Advie.

what ideas lady k, i havent said anything/ideas yet at all to tell me he will consider this or what???

advie - 18 June 2017 08:46 PM

represent it to you at the next couple of days

the problem that you want to care about his (copyright/baby, and i haven’t forgotten it at ALL 1st hand, and all this (baby/his work…etc) sounds like all & everything, and nothing else (about me and my offering) is even close to that importance , and my proposal to make the thread better and the work i am offering, sounds like i am intruding or jumping on his credits,  there is no one glimpse of appreciation to my offer but all the total opposite, anyway….

i hate myself now, i REALLY do as i should never be talking to you in Any way like this ,i hate myself. screw me! really i am outta control, sorry.  hope i won’t annoy Tim that what matters.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sheesh, Advie.  Please calm down.  I wasn’t malinging you in any way.  I was just confirming that I won’t presume to do anything until I hear from TimovieMan.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I have an idea for a theme. Well, it’s not so much a theme but more of an integral part of adventure games. ‘Save systems’ I touched on it a bit in my reply to Intense Degrees theme. I’m not sure if it fits the bill of AGTOTW though?! If it does, anyone that is interested are more than welcome to take the reins!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 June 2017 02:02 PM

Sheesh, Advie.  Please calm down.  I wasn’t malinging you in any way.  I was just confirming that I won’t presume to do anything until I hear from TimovieMan.

sheesh-kebab Tongue Tongue .. i know i am stupid LADYK, but i m drained out of what I was willing to do, as i said , before we start being fair about someone authenticity towards a subject we need gather what the other one has in mind, being objective and coming out with something that is useful to the community is what really matter, but if we are gonna start saying who’s is baby is that and whatnot we would never move an inch, i am one of those, for example, 100s of times people came out by idea after being inspired by my many things i have said here or there, and what suits me always that no one mentions me at all, yea, what you just have read, i dont care bout my credit as long as what will come out will be helpful for the community..

as i said i hate wasting time into bringing whose copyright that is for and whose own it and starts forgetting about the objectivity of one matter.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Giom sent me a PM saying that he will be delayed in posting his theme for a couple of days due to illness.  If he’s not well enough to post at all, he’ll let me know.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

With Karlok gone, the current schedule is going to end in 2 weeks. Time to ask for volunteers again?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, that’s a good idea, Kuru.  If anyone has another idea they’d like to present, I’ll add your name to the schedule on the first page. 

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got another couple of ideas but just for now I’ll fill one of the slots in August. Smile 

N.B. I know Karlok hasn’t posted for a while but she’s still a member here unless otherwise confirmed just to say.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ll go for another one. Any date in August or September is fine

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am seriously asking Jackal to be volunteering for joining/making any of the upcoming themes of the week, wow! how fun would that be if he agreed Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top