• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games with German voices/English subtitles and vice versa

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’d like to learn German a bit, and what better way than with adventure games!! Know of any games where you can choose German subtitles to an English spoken voices and vice versa?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The four Deponia games. Vice versa too. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 07 May 2017 06:41 PM

The four Deponia games. Vice versa too. Smile

Thanks!! By the time I finish the whole series, my German knowledge will rise to a B2 level. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

The Whispered World had the option for German voices and English subtitles in the “Special Edition.”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont speak German, but was to keen once for the Ankh trilogy and the third part was already too late and the german release only came out later without any subtitles, i bought it and finished it, don’t ask me how!

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

This blog has a lot of unofficial patches adding English subtitles to German-language releases (an example).

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Diego, there must also be lots of English adventures officially localized for the German market. Your beloved Touche, for instance. Smile English voices, everything else in German. But new ones too. I advise you to go to the adventure-treff forums and ask the very friendly and helpful regulars. You can speak English there, no problem. If the German registering process is a problem, just holler.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 07 May 2017 09:56 PM

i dont speak German, but was to keen once for the Ankh trilogy and the third part was already too late and the german release only came out later without any subtitles, i bought it and finished it, don’t ask me how!

You know you’re master adventurer when you finish a game in a language you don’t understand! Reminds me of the time I played Akella’s The Bad, The Ugly and the Sober in full Russian!

TerminusEst - 07 May 2017 11:29 PM

This blog has a lot of unofficial patches adding English subtitles to German-language releases (an example).

Oh, yeah, thanks for reminding me of that site!

Karlok - 08 May 2017 03:37 AM

Diego, there must also be lots of English adventures officially localized for the German market. Your beloved Touche, for instance. Smile English voices, everything else in German. But new ones too. I advise you to go to the adventure-treff forums and ask the very friendly and helpful regulars. You can speak English there, no problem. If the German registering process is a problem, just holler.

Yeah, I might join that site - I’m a regular lurker there for some time (though, I don’t like what they done with the site redesign, it was all much simpler and intuitive before that). Thanks! Kiss

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 08 May 2017 04:39 PM

You know you’re master adventurer when you finish a game in a language you don’t understand! Reminds me of the time I played Akella’s The Bad, The Ugly and the Sober in full Russian!
kiss:

WOW , this look awesome!, so Akella never released an English version before it was no more?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 08 May 2017 04:51 PM
diego - 08 May 2017 04:39 PM

kiss:

WOW , this look awesome!, so Akella never released an English version before it was no more?

Never. I think they (or unofficial fan) added an English subtitles some time after I’ve played it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top