• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

skeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 5 May

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

This screenshot is from Guardians of Magic: Amanda’s Awakening. I played this game in 2012, but I know it was originally released by GameHouse in either March or April of 2011. I don’t remember much about the game other than I liked it quite a bit. If I remember correctly there is a group called the Guardians of Magic, and the leader of the group was your, Amanda’s, grandfather. There is a group of technologists who are out to crush the various magic realms. You play as Amanda, and it falls upon your shoulders to thwart the technologists’ efforts. You succeed and there is some kind of pleasurable plot twist at the end. That pretty much sums up my recollections.

Also of note, the exterior backgrounds are beautifully drawn, while most of the interior scenes are quite stylized. Also, the characters, as you can see in the screenshot are highy stylized, as well. It’s hard to make an exact comparison, but the style reminded me of the characters in Emerald City Confidential. I would also say that, at the time, I thought this game was advanced when compared to many of the HO-laden games produced in the same era.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I agree, this was a very good casual game. I enjoyed the storyline and the main character in particular. It’s been a while since I played, but I don’t actually remember any Hidden Object screens in it—I’ve always thought of it as a casual adventure/adventure lite.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There were a few HO scenes, but most were of the “I need to find the 15 parts to build a piece of apparatus.” variety. There were no “random list” HO scenes that I recall.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top