• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

RemySefirVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Found several promising recent Adventure games, would like a second opinion

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Kathy Rain
Defo my pick of the bunch.  Interesting storyline, and quality production as long as you’re into the AGS look.  I guess puzzles are a little easy and it’s quite short.  No more to say except play this one for sure.

Yesterday Origins
You need to play the first one if you haven’t yet.  I think they’re both worth playing and fit your criteria, but it’s not without its faults.

My recent review on completing it:

dumbeur - 14 April 2017 01:17 PM

Just finished this game.  Mixed feelings.

A weird mix of dark and comedic, considering the cartoon graphics, but it worked for me.
A decent story which answered a lot of questions from the previous game, and I would eagerly play a further sequel.

The story is the strongest part of the game, with the puzzles being pretty mundane/easy but not awful.

The bug testing obviously went to shite for the last hour or so of the game.  I had to restart the program a couple of times.

Oh, and the Scottish (Irish?/Jamaican?) accents were horrific. Wink

The Last Door: Season Two and Shardlight
I got stuck on puzzles in both of these and forgot to go back, but both very solid while I was playing them.

Obviously, you need to play TLD1 before TLD2. TLD1 was an absolute pleasure to play, and I thought I’d never get into it without voice acting.  Music and atmosphere for that one are impeccable; one my favourite games in recent memory.  TLD2 was almost as good ~1/2 way through.

Shardlight, the usual quality from WadgetEye, though not their best.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-02-24

PM

You can add another 2 points (or 10) to Thimbleweed Park. Amazing game!

Adventuring since 1986

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Goetia is easily the best game on the list, it would be disappointing if you missed it because it has only a few dialogues. (There are plenty of monologues if you enjoy those)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yes, I recommend Kathy Rain too. A fun little romp.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2007-02-01

PM

Hey everyone, thanks for the responses. I’ve been playing Thimbleweed Park and Kathy Rain. Been having a good time. It’s been nic play some quite good recent games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top