• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Case of Distrust [GREENLIGHT!]

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2017-03-20

PM

Hullo all! I’ve been lurking about this website for long long time, and I’m so glad to finally share my own creation! If you like what you see, please vote on the Greenlight campaign, which would help immensely right now.

A Case of Distrust

A Case of Distrust (website) is a 2D story-driven adventure game, set in 1924 San Francisco, playing as a female private investigator. Explore underground speakeasies, smoke-filled billiard halls, classic barber shops, and more. Catch suspects in lies by using your wits, evidence, and statements. Uncover the truth in a mystery full of deception. Intrinsic challenges face our heroine, as she struggles against a pushback on emancipation, leading to many doubts, both internal and external.

PLEASE VOTE ON GREENLIGHT!

DETAILS

The game requires careful attention to clue details and character statements. Interaction is with objects and text on each screen—think something between Phoenix Wright and 80 Days.

The art style borrows heavily from the ideas of Saul Bass, Dieter Rams, Olly Moss, and other visual designers. I wanted to go with something that didn’t distract from the world, but stayed within the style I wanted.

GAME CREATORS

Ben Wander - Design, Code, Visuals, Writing
@TheWanderingBen
Website
Up until October 2015, somebody else had paid me to make video games (EA for the last few years, at both BioWare and Visceral Games). Then I left because I can’t get enough of this indie adventure scene! I realized adventures, rarely found in a AAA environment, were all I was playing and all I could think about. I’d had this 1920s setting in mind for a long while, and I had always loved narrative games. So, with some savings in pocket, I made the jump.

Mark “Marowi” Wilson - Music/SFX
@MarowiTweets
Website
Mark is making all the audio for this game. Everything you’ll hear in the game is his work, and it sounds awesome.

I met Mark while working on Dragon Age: Inquisition. He also worked on LA Noire at Team Bondi and he just quit Riot Games to also follow his indie dreams!

MEDIA

Trailer:

Promo:

Screenshots:

Travel animation (with the old name!):

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I love the concept, looks great!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top