• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Yoomurjak’s Ring sequel?

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

chrissie - 30 April 2018 05:27 PM

It’s available imminently i.e. within the hour if it’s not there yet!

Hmm. Still “Coming soon” according to the Steam page - I guess that might just be the UK or something though.

It seems a little odd that the description on the Steam page says “MIAZMA is the second Jonathan Hunt adventure, sequel to award-winning FMV title Yoomurjak’s Ring”, given Yoomurjak’s Ring isn’t on Steam - I’d have thought that was more likely to put people off buying it if they haven’t played the first game and don’t know where to get it!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It looks like something has gone terribly wrong here as the game since yesterday according to Steam has reverted back, after a bit of a ‘countdown’ to being not yet available. What a wind-up!  Pan 

Phlebas - 01 May 2018 05:00 AM

It seems a little odd that the description on the Steam page says “MIAZMA is the second Jonathan Hunt adventure, sequel to award-winning FMV title Yoomurjak’s Ring”, given Yoomurjak’s Ring isn’t on Steam - I’d have thought that was more likely to put people off buying it if they haven’t played the first game and don’t know where to get it!

I couldn’t actually find anywhere to buy Yoomurjak’s Ring now (with the English subtitles) but as it was a complete story I guess it doesn’t really matter if you can’t get it in order to play the sequel (which also seems like a complete story) - also perhaps it might be eventually released on Steam too ......well that’s if Miazma turns up & is not caught up in some copyright and/or financial dispute preventing the release?

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

What time is it in Budapest? Surely they have finished their goulash by now…

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

chrissie - 01 May 2018 10:48 AM

I couldn’t actually find anywhere to buy Yoomurjak’s Ring now (with the English subtitles) but as it was a complete story I guess it doesn’t really matter if you can’t get it in order to play the sequel (which also seems like a complete story) - also perhaps it might be eventually released on Steam too ......well that’s if Miazma turns up & is not caught up in some copyright and/or financial dispute preventing the release?

Oh, I’m sure the game can be enjoyed without having played YR first! It just seemed a questionable marketing decision to label Miazma up front as being the sequel to a game that isn’t currently available.

Meanwhile rejoice - Miazma is now out on Steam!

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Miazma for sale on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/774141/MIAZMA_or_the_Devils_Stone/

You needn’t to have played Yoomurjak, it’s just another adventure with the same main character.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Disappointing that you can’t listen to the dialogues in Hungarian - they dubbed everything into English. The Hungarian was one of the things I liked about Yoomurjak’s Ring.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Oscar - 02 May 2018 08:33 PM

Disappointing that you can’t listen to the dialogues in Hungarian - they dubbed everything into English. The Hungarian was one of the things I liked about Yoomurjak’s Ring.

I totally agree with you. I missed the Hungarian voices, it was one the biggest charms of the game.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2011-02-10

PM

walas74 - 02 May 2018 11:57 PM

I totally agree with you. I missed the Hungarian voices, it was one the biggest charms of the game.

This is an interesting point! In fact, you could see some of the best Hungarian actors in Yoomurjak’s Ring. Jonathan (László Görög) is an absolutely top-level character actor with numerous awards, and so was Yoomurjak (György Bárdy). So it was bit of a challenge to find a similarly good voice talent for dubbing Jonathan in Miazma…

But actually the two versions are not exactly the same, the original voices could not simply be added.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Playing Miazma and enjoiyng very much. Only complain is the fact that when you speak to someone, the movies are frame-by-frame and not continuous.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2011-02-10

PM

UruBoo - 05 May 2018 07:05 AM

Playing Miazma and enjoiyng very much. Only complain is the fact that when you speak to someone, the movies are frame-by-frame and not continuous.

Indeed, this is a different method than what was used in Yoomurjak’s Ring, although the engine is the same. But there was a reason, it works better in certain parts of the game.

An addition:
This method eliminates lip synching and makes localizations easier.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

This was the first thing that kinda disappointed me. U see characters lips and the sound are off and it doesn´t feel right. I am not Hungarian but I would definitely prefer to have the original voices and english subtitles, it adds a certain charm to the game.

I have only just started the game and the first hings I noticed is that it lacks in scope, when compared to the Yoomurjak. 2 things in particular: the english voices, and the animations in dialogues (remember that in yoomurjak we had a full fmv dialogues). As I said i am only at around 30 min in game and this things will not make or brake the game for me as long as the story and puzzles shows to be interesting. I hope they will be cuz the developers definitely deserve support for the amazing game that Yoomurjak´s ring was (btw, I still haven´t finished it, I am at around 3/4 in, but got stuck at a certain point not knowing what to do so I just made a pause and am playing some other games, but will definitely get to it again soon).

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Finished it. It was OK, but Yoomurjak’s Ring had a much more interestng and layered story and characters and more locations, which is what I enjoyed the most, because I felt as if I have really visited the city after playing. The new one was almost entirely set in the Atomki Institute. There were some interesting puzzles and some questionable ones. All in all I would give it a 3 out of 5, whereas Yoomurjak’s Ring gets a full 5. I hope they release that one on Steam too - I’d gladly replay it.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Cheshire Cat - 07 May 2018 01:38 AM

Finished it. It was OK, but Yoomurjak’s Ring had a much more interestng and layered story and characters and more locations, which is what I enjoyed the most, because I felt as if I have really visited the city after playing. The new one was almost entirely set in the Atomki Institute. There were some interesting puzzles and some questionable ones. All in all I would give it a 3 out of 5, whereas Yoomurjak’s Ring gets a full 5. I hope they release that one on Steam too - I’d gladly replay it.

Hi!

How long would it take to complete comparing with Yoomurjak?

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

walas74 - 07 May 2018 09:11 AM

Hi!

Hi,
It took me 12 hours to complete Miazma, but I did a bit of backtracking in the last part of the game, so it can probably be finished in less time, and I don’t remember exactly but I think Yoomurjak was at least twice as long.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Cheshire Cat - 07 May 2018 10:21 AM
walas74 - 07 May 2018 09:11 AM

Hi!

Hi,
It took me 12 hours to complete Miazma, but I did a bit of backtracking in the last part of the game, so it can probably be finished in less time, and I don’t remember exactly but I think Yoomurjak was at least twice as long.

Thanks!

My partner who is translating the game told me the same: he liked Yoomurjak more. But i guess you learn a lot about science with this one! (and meteorites haha)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top