• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite adventure games released last 5 years??

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

DustyShinigami - 01 October 2012 08:32 AM

What?! No Ghost Trick?! Gasp

The OP bought a PC, not a DS.  Tongue

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

TimovieMan - 01 October 2012 11:26 AM
DustyShinigami - 01 October 2012 08:32 AM

What?! No Ghost Trick?! Gasp

I limited myself to games I gave 4 stars or more to. Ghost Trick stranded at 3.5 which is merely “very good”, not one of my gradations of “superb”... Wink

I’m really liking the game!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2004-08-20

PM

Thanks everyone!  I updated my game stats in original post. 

I am hoping I can get those I have started and those I haven’t started yet, to run on new PC coming end of this month.  I would even like to play again some of those I finished Smile

And look forward to buying some games you all have listed!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

LuvCreams - 01 October 2012 06:42 PM

I am hoping I can get those I have started and those I haven’t started yet, to run on new PC coming end of this month.  I would even like to play again some of those I finished Smile

Ok its your thread but with that title what do games from the 90’s doing in this thread? .

i liked this thread Idea Much,... as most of those whom seeking new games want to get suggestions for new/modern Games ,the original stats and the title would attract/satisfy many of them., but now that you had turned it into a personal thread/inquiry (of course its ok) but i thought it would have been more efficient and nice to help others also whom searching/seeking New Adventures without the Trouble of going through the lists, reviews and the top rated ones ....etc etc

IMHO
Cheers Smile

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Gemeni Rue
Still Life
Syberia 1&2 (Although I’m not sure Syberia 1 fits in the 5-year window.)
Barrow Hill
To the Moon

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

rtrooney - 01 October 2012 07:10 PM

Gemeni Rue
Still Life
Syberia 1&2 (Although I’m not sure Syberia 1 fits in the 5-year window.)
Barrow Hill
To the Moon

Four games don’t “fit in the 5-year window”: Still Life (2005), Syberia 1 (2002), Syberia 2 (2004) and Barrow Hill (2006).

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2004-08-20

PM

Advie - 01 October 2012 07:10 PM

Ok its your thread but with that title what do games from the 90’s doing in this thread? .

i liked this thread Idea Much,... as most of those whom seeking new games want to get suggestions for new/modern Games ,the original stats and the title would attract/satisfy many of them., but now that you had turned it into a personal thread/inquiry (of course its ok) but i thought it would have been more efficient and nice to help others also whom searching/seeking New Adventures without the Trouble of going through the lists, reviews and the top rated ones ....etc etc

IMHO
Cheers Smile

I am the original poster, and its not a list of my favorites, but a list of games I own: I added my stats because I wanted to show those what I have played in the past and liked etc.  as I am looking for similar games from past 5 years.  Sorry if I didn’t clarify this.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

LuvCreams - 01 October 2012 07:54 PM
Advie - 01 October 2012 07:10 PM

IMHO
Cheers Smile

I am the original poster, and its not a list of my favorites, but a list of games I own: I added my stats because I wanted to show those what I have played in the past and liked etc.  as I am looking for similar games from past 5 years.  Sorry if I didn’t clarify this.

Aha !....so its turned out to be a recommendation thread, i just think you should had mentioned your taste or some references at the original post it would have helped your more. but suite yourself Smile

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-05-20

PM

My list:

Machinarium
Gemini Rue
Dracula: The Path of the Dragon
Gray Matter
Portal 2
L.A. Noire
The Lost Crown

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

My list:

Heavy Rain,
Overclocked,
Dracula III: Path of the Dragon,
The Lost Crown,
Gray Matter,
Scratches ( correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the Director’s Cut was released in 2007 so it should be ok to have Scratches in this list),
Blackwell Legacy,
Blackwell Convergence,
Penumbra (still have to play Amnesia).

I’m pretty sure that I forgot something, but these are the games that come to my mind.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

JackVanian - 02 October 2012 09:04 AM

Scratches ( correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the Director’s Cut was released in 2007 so it should be ok to have Scratches in this list),

I’ll correct you:
07-08-09-10-11

That’s 5!

Tongue
Just kidding, I’ve got ‘07 games on my list too.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

FYI - “Ghost Trick” was voted “Best Handheld Game” for the year it was released by many gaming websites. That is impressive to say the least.

It is on my Favorite games released in the last 5 years list along with:

The Last Window

The Walking Dead

Gray Matter

Machinarium

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

HeavyRain
Gemini Rue
Brothers
Unfinished Swan
DanganRonpa

LAnoire is not an adventure imo, so didnt use it in Top5.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

(in no particular order)

Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper
Tales of Monkey Island
Lost Horizon
Overclocked
The Book of Unwritten Tales

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM