• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recommend me adventure game which takes you on a journey

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-12-08

PM

Preferably with good story line as well. I am really into games that features visiting many places on the world especially games like:
- Broken Sword series (second part is my favorite cause I love the caribbean settings)
- Runaway series
- Lost Horizon
- Syberia

Do you have any other recommendations?

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Six days till Syberia 3.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

secret files Tunguska
New beginning

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Lost Chronicles of Zerzura
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
Yesterday
AGON
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine
Memento Mori

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

If you manage to find a copy, and find a way to run it on modern hardware, The Riddle of Master Lu is very much in the vein of Broken Sword and Lost Horizon, but IMO better than both. And I am saying it as someone who really loves the first Broken Sword.

Do you enjoy first person games with the focus on solitary exploration? And does travelling in time, as well as in space, count? If yes, consider The Journeyman Project series.

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Really old, but I really liked it and you get to visit places all over the world…

Reiply’s believe it or not: The riddle of master Lu

You’ll need an emulator or a really old computer with DOS dough.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’m seconding the recommendation from AFGNCAAP and AdventureMonkey

Riddle of Master Lu is really great. Puzzles are fu and, the story is gripping.

@AFGNCAAP:

Thanks for mentioning Lost Horizon, I’ve got to try it if it can be used as a comparison to Riddle of Master Lu.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Is The Longest Journey too obvious?  As long as it doesn’t have to be Earthbound.

The Gabriel Knight series only goes to one area per game, but you get to experience New Orleans, Germany and South France across the 3 games.

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-12-08

PM

AFGNCAAP - 14 April 2017 05:50 PM

If you manage to find a copy, and find a way to run it on modern hardware, The Riddle of Master Lu is very much in the vein of Broken Sword and Lost Horizon, but IMO better than both. And I am saying it as someone who really loves the first Broken Sword.

Do you enjoy first person games with the focus on solitary exploration? And does travelling in time, as well as in space, count? If yes, consider The Journeyman Project series.

Looks interesting. I will deinitely try it. Too bad there are so few games like Broken Sword. I prefer 2D classic point’n'clicks but I like first person games from time to time.

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

giom - 14 April 2017 06:09 PM

@AFGNCAAP:

Thanks for mentioning Lost Horizon, I’ve got to try it if it can be used as a comparison to Riddle of Master Lu.

Well, it was the Original Poster who mentioned it first, and I was just trying to find the most similar experiences to his examples. Smile

I actually never played Lost Horizon in full (this thread makes me really wanna go back to it, though), but it definitely was dripping with the same atmosphere I remember from Master Lu. Time setting probably helps.

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I think The Book of Unwritten Tales takes you to lots of different places and also tells a great story. That is one of my favorite games of all time.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Has anyone gotten Riddle of Master Lu to work on a newer machine? I have windows 7 and I have tried it many times and can never get it working.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

mbday630, you should try DosBox.

If you have any issue, I can try it next weekend (hopefully, depends of work) and give you the dosbox config I use.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

If you get it working, please let me know. Thanks.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

Hollywood Monsters had many locations around the world. That and Zak Mackracken are the first ones that come to mind.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

mbday630 - 16 April 2017 07:04 PM

Has anyone gotten Riddle of Master Lu to work on a newer machine? I have windows 7 and I have tried it many times and can never get it working.

I have not tried to get it to work on Win7 since the older games I’ve tried on it have not worked out especially well, but I have gotten it to work on WinXP with DosBox.  My suggestion would be to use a virtual drive or actually dual boot an install of XP on your Win7 computer.  It’s not that hard and there are tutorials on the web. 

Actually I run about four operating systems on the same machine because other things besides games run best on different systems or I have older apps already installed on them and it’s not worth my time to reinstall them on Win7.  Also, I always keep the drive from previous machines for the same reason. 

I have more than 1,000 games (all legit) installed on a number of drives and can’t even imagine having to reinstall them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top