• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Carles

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGON: The Series

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

One of the links provided by wilco in The adventure game discount thread—post 1455 yesterday was for the original AGON trilogy (aka: The Mysterious Codex), $1.99 on Steam. While scoping that out, I also looked into the fourth installment, AGON - The Lost Sword of Toledo, and was reading the reviews when I noticed something familiar. Jackal’s literary work has been pirated again! Quite quotable you are, Jack! Check out the following screen captures (click the pics):

Of course, this is predicated on the idea that the Steam reviewer called “Death Row” and Jackal aren’t one and the same people!  Tongue

Now, does anyone have any opinions of the games themselves? I haven’t found anything in the AG forums discussing this series, but based on what I’ve read elsewhere, it sounds hard to beat for two bucks!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 5586

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played the first 3 episodes separately when they first came out and then again as The Mysterious Codex, which added more written background material from Prof. Hunt’s journals.  Since the company never ported the 4th episode to Macs, I haven’t played it, but the first 3 episodes have decent 1st person exploration and puzzles that fit the environment.  I enjoyed them all very much.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

The first three games were rather short if you counted them as separate games, but if the trilogy counts as one that’s fine Smile They had enjoyable puzzles, an original central theme, nicely defined locations, a likeable lead character and a distinctive flavour. Lost Sword of Toledo was a bit longer but basically more of the same. I’d recommend them all, especially if you like board games - it’s sad that there presumably won’t be any more.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Never played Agon but ripping off reviews? Is this a thing on Steam? What’s the point…

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

AGON is a good series and $1.99 is a bargain.

Mike the Wino - 11 April 2017 12:48 PM

Of course, this is predicated on the idea that the Steam reviewer called “Death Row” and Jackal aren’t one and the same people!  Tongue

Well according to his profile, Death Row’s favorite game is the shooter “Mass Effect 2” so if this is you Jackal hang your head in shame!

Shifty Eyed

wilco - 12 April 2017 05:04 AM

Never played Agon but ripping off reviews? Is this a thing on Steam? What’s the point…

Do you get bonuses for posting reviews? Free game keys maybe?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 12 April 2017 05:25 AM

wilco - 12 April 2017 05:04 AM

Do you get bonuses for posting reviews? Free game keys maybe?

I don’t think so, at least I never heard of it. Also not that hard to write a sentence of two, Steam reviews are not censored for being small of something. Unless he/she is looking for those thimbs up in the review for “internet credit” Smile

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

AGON is a perfectly pleasant little puzzle-adventure series. Won’t blow your socks off, but it’s a generally solid indie attempt at Myst-style games. $2 is ridiculous value if you appreciate that sort of game.

As for the plagiarism, well, if you’ve gotta be that intellectually lazy, at least copy from best. Thumbs Up

Maybe the dude is ON death row and doesn’t have time to think for himself?  Gasp

And no, it’s definitely not me. Everyone knows that The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the best game of all time.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jackal - 12 April 2017 12:54 PM

Maybe the dude is ON death row

I wouldn’t mess with him:

You should just keep quiet about everything. Smile (but this will make me think twice before I “like” any comment, review… about games in the future. First, I’ll double check if Google has some other pages for the same text)

As for the AGON series, I tried only Lost Sword of Toledo, and it had pretty cool atmosphere but I stopped playing after I found out you can’t skip line of a dialogue. Yes, I’m that impatient. Wink I will never understand why developers miss this option. (I’m looking at you, Broken Sword 4!)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top