• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Some small news concerning Bracken Tor

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

^ That’s the face, GreyFuss.

This whole thread is filled with conjecture. Pointless to argue about what you think is the reason for delay. The matter of fact is that the game is delayed.

Gray Matter went through all kinds of development issues, and for long stretches of time I had no idea what was going on. Yes, that’s a different situation, and I’m not sure how release dates were handled (I just remember a few vague things like “Coming soon next year” or similar on the website).

But you know what? I eventually figured, “Okay, the game might come sometime, but I have no control over it and no knowledge of the inner development complications, so I’m not going to worry about it too much.” I know that’s probably not what many of you want to hear, but I think at this point, given all the delays and long periods of silence, getting angry at the developer isn’t going to do much.

I think some people have already pre-ordered Bracken Tor, so there I understand the frustration. But that’s why I don’t do pre-orders. I’ll offer my money when the product is complete, tangible, and deliverable.

There are plenty of other games to keep busy with until Bracken Tor comes out. I’m not saying you’re not allowed to still look forward to Bracken Tor, so don’t get offended and attack me. What I’m saying is, if you have no control over when the game comes out, then all you can do is either wait and grow more frustrated or otherwise occupy yourself with something else.

But I have a hard time believing that a developer who spends so much time and effort on a project would willingly do anything to alienate the fan supporters or drive them away. Whatever reasons are for the delays, my guess would be that they aren’t so simple. But I’ll stop writing since nobody cares to hear this and I sound like a reassuring grandmother figure.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Cbman, I was talking about the difference between having opinions about someone’s observable behavior, about what they do and say, and having opinions about their motives and thoughts which you know nothing about.

inm8#2 - 01 October 2012 10:07 PM

This whole thread is filled with conjecture.

Really? My posts in this thread are 99% conjecture-free.

Pointless to argue about what you think is the reason for delay. The matter of fact is that the game is delayed.

Lecture followed by conjecture… Tongue

But I have a hard time believing that a developer who spends so much time and effort on a project would willingly do anything to alienate the fan supporters or drive them away. Whatever reasons are for the delays, my guess would be that they aren’t so simple.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Fien, I wasn’t addressing you personally. And my ‘conjecture’ is not what you suggest it is. I’m saying, there are development issues, we don’t know what they are, but they’re probably not so easily discernible as others in this thread have suggested.

You’re all free to argue about what you think the reasons for the delay are. My post is not so much a lecture, but more of a cautious take on the situation.

Don’t make me go into grandmother mode again…

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

I wonder, is the first week of December too early to conclude that if “the end of this year” were indeed the case, we would’ve had a precise release date by now? And that it’s starting to look like “the start of next” is more likely?

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-03-26

PM

ZeframCochrane - 02 December 2012 03:43 PM

I wonder, is the first week of December too early to conclude that if “the end of this year” were indeed the case, we would’ve had a precise release date by now? And that it’s starting to look like “the start of next” is more likely?

And the start of next has come and is almost gone.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top