• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2017 April Fools’ Tournament Guidelines & Info

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’re all very welcome!

Finding the right balance of screenshots to use is always a bit of a challenge, but I try to pick some that are fairly easy and some that could be more difficult but not necessarily more obscure.  However, the players never cease to surprise me with their answers. 

The most difficult puzzle to put together this time was Daisy Chain.  I modified a template that HandsFree had created for a fall tourney over at Mystery Manor but put in my own 6-letter words.  Finding words relating to adventure games that shared letters wasn’t easy, but I do have a handy-dandy book called 40,000 Selected Words: Organized by Letter, Sound, and Syllable that helped.  Unlike a dictionary, I can look up words with a middle “t” or ending “ch” or whatever.  (In my working days, I used it as a resource for my students in speech and language therapy.)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Yay, I won a prize! Smile Thanks for the congratulations, all, but mainly tip of of my hat to Chrissie and DarkEye, who were setting the standard impossibly high from the get-go. Well-deserved gold & silver.

And Lady Kestrel, adding to the choir of voices who thanked for your work. It was such a fun month!

My favourite part was Daisy Chain. The clues were very clever without being arcane, and not knowing the direction of the word and where it starts made brute-forcing the riddles quite fruitless. I spent ages figuring out “tattoo” and “murder”, even after I had majority of their letters correct!

My least favourite thing about the Tournament is that you can’t discuss the puzzles with others while you are solving them without spoiling ...and next week everyone’s already working on the new batch, so there’s no much point in dissecting them, too.

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

AFGNCAAP - 02 May 2017 07:13 AM

My least favourite thing about the Tournament is that you can’t discuss the puzzles with others while you are solving them without spoiling

I have a confession to make. At obviously the easiest puzzle on the tourney “Scrambled Eggs” I’ve spent more than a hour of scrambling, thinking those are an anagrams. Cool

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, I can see where my directions were a bit confusing for that one.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

DarkEye - 02 May 2017 05:30 PM
AFGNCAAP - 02 May 2017 07:13 AM

My least favourite thing about the Tournament is that you can’t discuss the puzzles with others while you are solving them without spoiling

I have a confession to make. At obviously the easiest puzzle on the tourney “Scrambled Eggs” I’ve spent more than a hour of scrambling, thinking those are an anagrams. Cool

Haha, I feel yea DarkEye. I did the same thing and decided to message Lady K because I was getting no where. Once I knew what to do it was no problemo Grin

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 May 2017 06:19 PM

Yes, I can see where my directions were a bit confusing for that one.

Nah it’s completelly my own fault really, Lady Kestrel. The rules: Your task is to use all the words. I thought it was a mistake here and you meant use all the letters. Laughing

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I’m a little late with this after a busy start to the week, but:

THANKS LadyK for all your hard work on this! As usual I’ve enjoyed the puzzly puzzles more than the screenshot rounds, but I know some people prefer them and they do help to spread the scoring out more Smile

And CONGRATULATIONS to our champion fools! I was especially relieved to notice that AFGNCAAP finished just far enough ahead of me that even if I’d got full marks on Spring Break I’d still have been 10 points short - well done!

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

I’ve received your gift, Lady Kestrel! That’s my first game on the Steam but like it very much so far! Thank you again, LK but this whole Tournament was already great gift by itself!

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Ooh, a bonus quiz from DarkEye?

I’ll start:

T - The Last Express

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Phlebas - 03 May 2017 11:20 AM

Ooh, a bonus quiz from DarkEye?

I’ll start:

T - The Last Express

Correct! Tongue

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DarkEye - 03 May 2017 09:50 AM

I’ve received your gift, Lady Kestrel! That’s my first game on the Steam but like it very much so far!

I’m curious - what game did you choose DarkEye?  Smile

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

chrissie - 03 May 2017 01:10 PM
DarkEye - 03 May 2017 09:50 AM

I’ve received your gift, Lady Kestrel! That’s my first game on the Steam but like it very much so far!

I’m curious - what game did you choose DarkEye?  Smile

I’ve chosen a game that looks and play exactly what I like the most at Ags: Midnight at the Celestial Palace. Great game so far! I really wish that Thimbleweed Park would be made in this style.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yay!  A puzzle! 
n - The Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcolm’s Revenge  Grin

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game, DarkEye.  Chrissie decided on Anna’s Quest, and I’m still waiting to hear from the others.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I think A is Flight of the Amazon Queen?

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Ok than, let’s have a bit more fun then.
Gussed so far:
A-Flight of the Amazon Queen
n-Legend of Kyrandia Book 3
T-The Last Express

Great choice chrissie! Anna’s Quest is my favourite game of last few years!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top