• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2017 April Fools’ Tournament Guidelines & Info

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve decided to give out two consolation prizes this year and will have a drawing in a few minutes.  Nine players who participated all 4 weeks of the tourney are eligible.  Stay tuned.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Congratulations to Sir Beardalot and Karlok for winning the consolation prize drawing! Smile

The prizes will be a game of your choice, either download or hard copy, as follows:
1st prize - up to $35.00
2nd prize - up to $30.00
3rd prize - up to $25.00
Consolation prize - up to $20.00
Send me a PM with the details of your game choice, where it’s available, and where you want it sent (email or home address). 

In the meantime, I put together a quick crossword of game fools to identify.  The pictures are in the order they appear in the puzzle.  The gray shaded letters will spell out a two-word message for you.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you for this amazing tournament, Lady Kestrel! It’s hard 4 me to imagine all the time went in some of those puzzles. Creativity at its best Thumbs Up

Congrats chrissie for your well deserved win in this tourney! I’ve never thought I could go one on one with the great one in tourney, because I’m very weak at those word puzzles. But now I’m very satisfied with puzzle part and a little less with my usually stronger side, screenshots. Nice work AFGNCAAP, you’re amazing at puzzles!

It’s interesting how many rainy scenes in AGs is, enough for a super quiz. A huge bad eggs quiz could also be very interesting!

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

DarkEye - 01 May 2017 02:35 AM

Thank you for this amazing tournament, Lady Kestrel! It’s hard 4 me to imagine all the time went in some of those puzzles. Creativity at its best Thumbs Up

Congrats chrissie for your well deserved win in this tourney! I’ve never thought I could go one on one with the great one in tourney, because I’m very weak at those word puzzles. But now I’m very satisfied with puzzle part and a little less with my usually stronger side, screenshots. Nice work AFGNCAAP, you’re amazing at puzzles!

It’s interesting how many rainy scenes is in AGs, enough for a super quiz. A huge bad eggs quiz could alse be very interesting!

I couldn’t say it better myself! I’ve enjoyed and lurked these tourneys since the Mystery Manor days, but this was the first one I participated in! I haven’t had this much fun in a long time, getting to partake with great adventure friends! Congrats to all and once again thank you Lady K!!!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Thanks a lot for the tournament, Lady Kestrel! It must have been an awful lot of work to put all those puzzles together, but the result was definitely a lot of fun!

And congratulations to all the winners! Smile

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Thank you very much Lady Kestrel for all your hard work, it was great fun as always.  Also congratulations to all the winners, you guys are the best.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 136

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Thank you Lady Kestrel for putting together another great tournament and congratulations to all the winners.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you Lady Kestrel for this excellent Tourney & the obvious amount of work along with research that it took to put it together!
You’re a puzzle-maker extraordinaire + I appreciate the thought that went into the screenshot challenges which are a lesson to all of us that like to present quizzes as they were nearly all from familiar/known games! (& I’ve beaten myself up about missing quite a few that stared me in the face!)

Before participating in the 2 Tourneys here I didn’t do too badly in a few over at MM before that so I’m delighted to win one at last!  Heart

DarkEye - 01 May 2017 02:35 AM

!

Thanks DarkEye ........I was expecting you to win as I know you’re better at the screenshots!

Sir Beardalot - 01 May 2017 03:15 AM

...... I’ve enjoyed and lurked these tourneys since the Mystery Manor days, but this was the first one I participated in! I haven’t had this much fun in a long time, getting to partake with great adventure friends!

Thumbs Up

NB I can’t fathom out the crossword message!
Got it! The name of the middle guy for the down clue evades me but the message should be for you Lady Kestrel!  Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

THANK YOU, Lady Kestrel!!! Grin Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’re all very welcome!  I’m glad so many players decided to participate.  The point of the whole thing was to have fun.  I certainly did, and I hope you did, too. 

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the maximum points one could achieve in this tourney was 1630. Which means that Chrissie dropped only 135 points. That’s amazing! Other players from Top 3 are not far behind.

I enjoyed all games, and my favorite were A Foolish Story, Bad Eggs (I had to search for villain’s name even though I knew the game in question), and I also enjoyed very much the Daisy Chain - it seemed easy, but it’s not because of many variations one can fill one daisy (you can think you’re on the right way only to have yourself stuck later Wink )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Congrats to chrissie, DarkEye, and AFGNCAAP! (BTW, I love the poems in Lady K’s April Fool’s final standings post.) 

I’m left feeling a bit foolish for a couple of answers that I guessed but couldn’t find confirmation on, and didn’t have the courage to PM because they seemed too out-there. Now I know that it’s foolish not to follow up on completely uneducated impulses, right?  Foot in mouth

Lady K—I’m adding my thanks to those of everyone else for this extremely fun tournament. Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

chrissie - 01 May 2017 06:21 AM

You’re a puzzle-maker extraordinaire + I appreciate the thought that went into the screenshot challenges which are a lesson to all of us that like to present quizzes as they were nearly all from familiar/known games! (& I’ve beaten myself up about missing quite a few that stared me in the face!)

I’ve found this a bit tricky move from the Lady Kestrel’s side. If you look back at any past tourney you’ll see that there were quite big number of pretty obscure or slightly less known games. I was expecting some of them here too. Was spend a lot of time on them. Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thank you, Lady K, for yet another crazy awesome month of quizzes! The effort you put into this is staggering! Thanks!!!

Congrats to chrissie, DarkEye and AFGNCAAP for obtaining such amazing scores!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow Chrissie has won this tournament! Laughing .. that why she is not having much activity at these forums lately Smile .. Big congrats to you and for Darki and everyone else, sorry i ve busy lately no way to compete at anything right now..
and thanks LadyK for this tournament and the effort behind it

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top