• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

No I’m talkin about the safe puzzle in the morgue back in the 1920s as your grandad. it wasn’t hard to figure out because there’s a clock next to the piece of paper you pick up but it was just tedious for tedious sake. I was hoping for more investigation type puzzles and so far those are just collect the evidence or lift a fingerprint and be done. But look we stalled your process to make a puzzle of how to get into the morgue because you don’t know your passcode. Oh I know another thing I strongly dislike, is how the inventory works I don’t know why you just can’t click on the hand icon, pick the item and use it on the object. This game has like three extra steps for no reason

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I just finished Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter (just in time for the release of Ghost Vigil, yeah!). I’ve replayed the whole Frogwares’ Sherlock series from Case of the Silver Earring to Testament. And played Crimes & Punishments and The Devil’s Daughter for the first time. I skipped replaying Mystery of the Mummy, since it’s one of the worst games I’ve ever played.

It’s a great series of games, although not without the odd really bad moment. The worst of this batch of games IMO is Silver Earring, with its confusing story, pixelhunting frustrations and less than stellar sneaking/timed gameplay moments. But the good folks at Frogwares began to find something there, and it’s a billion times better than MotM. The greatest disappointment was The Devil’s Daughter, with some really stupid and badly designed action elements which killed what may otherwise have been a decent game. It has its moments but I began to use the skip function frequently towards the end of the game since I only wanted it to end.

Loved Crimes & Punishments. Frogwares managed to get almost everything right with that one I think. Replaying the rest of the series was great fun too and especially vs. Arséne Lupin (nemesis) is just great. A totally unique experience (although they should have left a few of the puzzles out of the game altogether).

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Crime and punishment is a great game, probably one of the best modern adventure games, with meaningful consequences

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Felt like Micriods Subject 13 is an adventure that came outta the early years of this century 00-2010, if i didnt know better. it’s outlook seemed as its was developed by the deceased Future Games, even more it seemed sometimes as if its follow up or a sequel to their (Future Games) Next Life adventure. but all of this is not true.  the game is not really great tho; many flaws from pixel hunting, the 3d rendering over 2.5 graphics, trail end error mini-games..etc, but all that said, i enjoyed it, as i am a sucker of Sci-Fi adventure’s atmosphere*

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I finished Tangle Tower, the sequel to Detective Grimoire, and enjoyed it a lot. The ending was a bit of a letdown, but hey! it’s all about the journey, not the destination, right? Highly recommended.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I just finished Dark Fall: Ghost Vigil. The game met and possibly even exceeded my expectations. Had a really good time with it. Challenging but mostly fair. The Shadow Tor release (now v 1.02) do have a number of bugs/glitches. I only encountered cosmetic ones, apart from one more or less random glitch that had me reload a previous save. Nothing game breaking though. Hopefully the game will have recieved a bit more polish when it releases on Steam in the upcoming days. Either way, highly recommended!

Edit: Seems to have released on Steam today.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just finished Detention - what a game. I actually got scared in a few parts. A very disturbing game. Played very well with no glitches.

I will replay the game soon.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Just finished “Death Mark” - mix of horror adventure and VN. I’m not much for games with heavy visual novel element, but this one was pretty good. I did like the very “out there” story and monsters they used. Could’ve used more locations, as they recycled a lot, but in the end it turned out to be pleasant, different from what I used to experience.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Glad you enjoyed Death Mark. The game really worked for me too. My fingers are crossed that Spirit Hunter: NG is as good. It has solid reviews, so I’m not too worried.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’d promised myself I’d never play another 3rd-person adventure with dialogue- and inventory-based puzzles unless it has something novel and fresh to offer. So I immediatley broke my promise Shifty Eyed and played Feria d’Arles, because it got 4 stars from the AG reviewer. Very short, it was over before it got started. Which is probably a good thing, not sure I would have finished it otherwise. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but we’ve seen it all before, especially the puzzles. I quite liked some of Molly’s funny comments though.

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

Jenny LeClue (fun!)
Gabriel Knight 2 (finished 2 days ago)
Gabriel Knight 3 (finished yesterday)
Telling Lies (I used a walkthrough and found it rather boring)
Still Life (I love this game so much, played it probably 50 times since it got released)

Games I’ve started/installed to be replayed:

Phantasmagoria I (planning to play 2nd after)
Gabriel Knight I + The anniversary edition after
Still Life 2 (if only it’d run properly)
The Longest Journey (I need some saved games from somewhere. I always get tired after reaching halfway of the game and then lose the saves..)

Games I tried but either got refunded or just deleted from library:

Life is Strange 2. Got it refunded by PlayStation store. I actually nearly finished it but I felt really annoyed with the extremely forced “religion bad, emo good” - propaganda, and the fact that I had to watch 20 minutes of video telling me how to think, then push buttons for 5 mins only to watch another 20min teenager view of the world video. It’s not a game in my books. I’m gay, not religious and def no Trump fan but when I pay for something I am told I can PLAY, I shouldn’t have to just sit there and watch videos of what the developers think of politics. Ugh.

Broken Sword The Sleeping Dragon. I forgot how much of a pain in the ass this game is to play, so I gave up and watched a playthrough on YT.

I’m planning on REplaying all BS games but not sure if I should go with the remasters or originals yet.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hannes084 - 22 January 2020 03:12 AM

I would not have responded if you’d said you found it rather boring and therefore used a walkthrough. But you didn’t. Tongue Using a walkthrough for this game with its unique gameplay is the best way to spoil your own fun.

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

Karlok - 22 January 2020 06:14 AM
Hannes084 - 22 January 2020 03:12 AM

I would not have responded if you’d said you found it rather boring and therefore used a walkthrough. But you didn’t. Tongue Using a walkthrough for this game with its unique gameplay is the best way to spoil your own fun.

Haha well the reason I used a walk through was because I found it boring, so I guess I didn’t make myself clear.  Thumbs Up

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just finished The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and it was a long and Amazing game which is quite funny. It had at least 30 hours of game play also. I am looking fwd to playing it again.

Heart

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Mikekelly - 22 January 2020 07:36 PM

I just finished The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and it was a long and Amazing game which is quite funny. It had at least 30 hours of game play also. I am looking fwd to playing it again.

Heart

Been meaning to play that, but never got around to it. Found both the first game and Critter Chronicles to be much better than I expected, with humor that for the most part actually works. Good writing, fun gameplay.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top