Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 3604

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Untold Stories. I was put off buying it earlier in the year by the apparent horror theme, but it’s really not a horror game (well, it is in some ways but it’s never horror for the sake of horror). Nor is it a collection of 4 disconnected stories. It is, in fact, a really good and highly inventive adventure game.

Resident Puzzle Analyst
Now playing:
Recently finished: The Dream Machine (9/10) Stories Untold (8/10) Blackwood Crossing (7/10) Little Nightmares (6/10) What Remains of Edith Finch (7.5/10) Syberia 3 (5/10) The Sexy Brutale (9/10) Thimbleweed Park (6.5/10) Paradigm (7.5/10) Bayou Island (3/10) Cayne (6/10)

(6=good, 7=recommended, 8=must play, 9=classic, 10=masterpiece)

Total Posts: 5627

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I am starting Syberia3 finally
Wish me good luck

I never asked for this

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-05-15

PM

Embarrassed to say, after 20 years of playing adventure games, I just finished “Beneath a Steel Sky” which I was only aware of for about a year.  Probably because it was a European game. Maybe because it was so recent, but one of my favorites now.

~ Randell Trulson

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Been playing quite a few adv games lately. Last one i finished was the Gabriel Knight 20th anniversary remake. They’ve done a pretty good job i think, but it doesn’t come close to the original. Didn’t really like most of the new voices and the music and cutscenes are all terrible.

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Took me long enough but I finally managed to finish Syberia 3 recently. Didn’t mind the game at first, but damn I’m happy it’s finally over. Overall the game was just super boring and tedious and it ran like crap on my pc. Wasn’t a fan of trying to explore the huge, totally uninteresting environments, the dodgy camera, and the long loading times (which there were a lot of).
Also I had absolutely no idea who the bad guys were or why the hell they were chasing after Kate. Don’t know what she did to piss them off so much. Maybe I missed something somewhere but by the end I didn’t really care.

Anyway, ran into one major bug which prevented me from continuing the game for a while as none of the solutions online worked for me, but I managed to solve the problem myself.

Probably won’t ever play this game again. Looks like there might be a 4th game in another decade or two if the ending is anything to go by, but they should’ve just left the series alone after 2.

Total Posts: 238

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

In the last month I finished JULIA, Stasis, and Cayne.  All good.

Total Posts: 371

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

The Dream Machine - I highly recommend it.

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »