• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Journey Down Trilogy is complete!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hell yeah, can’t wait to boogie down to this one!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Apparently, it was just released. I got a message from Humble Bundle a moment ago that my download is ready, so downloading it now.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 21 September 2017 08:24 AM

Apparently, it was just released. I got a message from Humble Bundle a moment ago that my download is ready, so downloading it now.

keep us updated tomimt.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The humble version seems to be crashing quite constantly. I’m downloading the Steam version and give it a new go.

What I did manage to play though, it feels like a solid game. The graphics look really nice, the music is great and the voice acting is as good as it was in the previous games. Pretty decent puzzles as well, nothing too difficult or harebrained at least on the beginning, but like I said I didn’t get far because it kept crashing every 5 minutes.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Hey tomimt! I’m not surprised we’re launching with some issues on GOG, it’s a really new build. The steam build is a LOT more tested.

In which way does it crash? when here how? A more detailed error report would really help! Thanks! Grin

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It doesn’t give out any error, it just crashes on desktop. It seemed to do it most often when I was either talking or in room transition, so there’s something there that goes wrong.

I switched to Steam version and there’s no issues with that one, as far I can tell. Iäm really liking it, especially the soundtrack is sweet. I gotta ask, was the music inspired by 80’s tv, as there’s something about it that reminds me of 80’s TV-shows. Not in a bad way, mind you.

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Thanks man! And big thanks for the error report. Definitely need to polish the GOG distro. Yeah the JD3 soundtrack is heavily influenced by 80’s and 90’s action movie sountracks. Like beverly hills cop, die hard and maybe most importanty the lethal weapon franchise with its Sax and guitar (Sanborn + Clapton) magic. Smile So glad you enjoy it!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just finished it. Not the longest game out there (my Steam timer says 2 hours, but I spent maybe an hour with the Humble version before I got fed up with the crashes), but crazy enjoyable. Especially the ending goes so over the top that I couldn’t stop laughing.

I liked the puzzles, they were just on the right level for me personally and the flow of the game was spot on. I never felt frustrated with it at any spot, so that’s good as well.

I’ll do a longer write-up on my blog. But yeah, thumbs up. The 80’s action vibe was spot on.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Really disappointed after reading the review.  They gave up on gameplay.  It is sad, because I just read an interview where they talked about how hard they worked on puzzles for the second.  Oh well.  I play for the gameplay.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Can I ask a question? I played Chapter 1 a long time ago and can’t remember what happened. Is there a re-cap in the sequels? If not, can someone refresh my memory? Smile

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Thanks tomimt, that relly means a lot. Smile

darthmaul: We worked hard on making the puzzles and story flow nicely together. We did not work hard on making difficult puzzles. I hope that clarifies things. Smile If you’re the kind of gamer who prefer more challenging puzzles, JD3 probably isn’t your game. It’s extremely story/ambiance-oriented. (unless of course you already played one and two, I STRONGLY recommend playing the third part to experience the conclusion to the story! Grin

BitingWit: Well, if you exhaust all dialog options at the start of JD2, that gives a pretty good summary of what happened in the first game. Similarly, if you stick around and listen to everything Lina has to say in chapter three, she does a pretty good job summing up the major important bits from JD2 as well. Smile

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

theo - 26 September 2017 04:35 AM

Thanks tomimt, that relly means a lot. Smile

darthmaul: We worked hard on making the puzzles and story flow nicely together. We did not work hard on making difficult puzzles. I hope that clarifies things. Smile If you’re the kind of gamer who prefer more challenging puzzles, JD3 probably isn’t your game. It’s extremely story/ambiance-oriented. (unless of course you already played one and two, I STRONGLY recommend playing the third part to experience the conclusion to the story! Grin

BitingWit: Well, if you exhaust all dialog options at the start of JD2, that gives a pretty good summary of what happened in the first game. Similarly, if you stick around and listen to everything Lina has to say in chapter three, she does a pretty good job summing up the major important bits from JD2 as well. Smile

No disrespect intended. 

The review here states “While inventory-based puzzles are present throughout this chapter’s runtime, solutions are clearly telegraphed and it’s almost always immediately apparent what an item is for or how it should be used.”

If that statement is to be trusted, I don’t even know if those would qualify as actual puzzles.  It would be a stretch to me.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

great interview theo, you guys are fun beside your fun games you produce

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top