• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Journey Down Trilogy is complete!

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Hey guys!

Just dropping a line to say that Chapter Three of The Journey Down finally has arrived! Grin

At long last the trilogy is complete! We’ve been working on this series for the majority of our adult lives so having a set release date is an incredible feeling.

For those unfamiliar with TJD, it’s a very traditional point n click adventure series with plenty of inspiration from traditional African arts and myths. Chapter One was steeped in reggae, chapter Two in film-noir while chapter Three lends a lot of its inspiration from 80’s action movies.

Thank You for your time!

theo

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The voice acting sounds wonderful, and the most recent update makes us realize how much work goes into creating character voices.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Looks and sounds great.  Can’t wait!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I enjoyed the video. 28 supporting characters? Sounds like there’ll be plenty of interaction.

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments. Smile

Becky: Yeah the cast is huge! The third chapter is substantially larger than the first and second game. Not sure how it ballooned so much in scope. We’ve had a real hard time keeping this game contained! ... No wonder it has taken us forever to get this far…

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

“New and improved release date” is September 21.
Look kickstarter update #22

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Thanks for the bump, Ahenobarbus!

Here’s a link to the update video: VIDEO UPDATE

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok, only two days for release?, the last chapter is very looking good, cant wait!

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

One of the best indie AG series ever

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Burge - 18 September 2017 11:24 PM

I am surprised to hear that because I have only played chapter 1 and it was okay, not bad but not great either. Is chapter 2 and 3 so much of an improvement?

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Hey guys thanks for playing!!

I may be a bit biased here but… yes. I’d say the sequels seriously outshine the first game. Grin

We learned tons while making chapter one that we took with us into production of the second chapter. A huge “beginners mistake” we did on JD1 was letting the story and puzzles take turns rather than going hand in hand. We did our very best to change that in JD2 (which is why the game took us forever to write). Turns out, making sure the puzzles keep pushing the story forward is no small feat! We had to rewrite and redesign JD2 a ridiculous amount of times before we were satisfied in that respect.

I’d say we’ve taken that one step further with JD3, where the player is pretty much constantly breaking new ground, and never spends too much time in one place. We want the sense of adventure to come first. It’s a difficult balance, making sure people aren’t stuck too long in one place but also making sure they’re there long enough to soak up the environment and its characters…

I’m incredibly proud of the trilogy as a whole and it’s too bad (however logical!) that people will always judge it by the first chapter. Despite it’s flaws I love JD1, though. Considering the situation we were in at the time, it’s a miracle it turned out as solid as it did!

On another note, here’s a preview of the soundtrack for Chapter Three on youtube. It’s my favorite track from the game. Grin For the first time in the TJD saga the music features guitar! Lemme know what you think!

Composed by: Jamie Salisbury

Sax: Simon Willescroft
Guitar: Jake Willson
Bass: Dave Marks
Drums: Accy Yeats
Mixed by Rich Aitken

More videos and screens from the game can be seen on the steam page. It’s also great for wishlisting!

Thanks everyone for your support. Heart

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 18 September 2017 11:27 PM
Burge - 18 September 2017 11:24 PM

I am surprised to hear that because I have only played chapter 1 and it was okay, not bad but not great either. Is chapter 2 and 3 so much of an improvement?

I would say chapter 2 is a genuine improvement in contrast to the first game. It’s longer, has better puzzles, the writing has improved and the overall presentation is nicer.

Chapter 3 seems like an improvement on the second game as well, at least as far presentation goes.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

great track as usual, also love that heavy metal guitarist trying to fit in, lol, nice mix tho

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I love that jazzy Downtown theme, Theo, and I’m looking forward to playing the trilogy back-to-back.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Thank You guys! So crazy excited to finally get to launch this!!! Grin

Tomimt: Thanks for confirming my beliefs. Smile

Advie: Glad you like it! I’m extremely proud of where the JD3 soundtrack landed. It keeps the saxophone wanking firmly placed at front stage but dares experiment with a whole lot of new moods.

Lady Kestrel: Thank You! Do let me know what it’s like playing them all in a row! I really have no clue how that would be perceived. I hope they’ve got natural continuity, but it’s impossible for me personally to ever experience this…

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

theo - 19 September 2017 03:38 AM

.......On another note, here’s a preview of the soundtrack for Chapter Three on youtube. It’s my favorite track from the game. Grin For the first time in the TJD saga the music features guitar! Lemme know what you think!

I LOVE it!  Thumbs Up

This is a game that I now have in mind to catch up with!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top