• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

iPhone/iPad Adventure Game Suggestions?

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2004-09-01

PM

Just got an iPhone (4S), and am wondering if anyone has good adventure game suggestions for it? Seems like a decent interface for point/click-style adventure gaming.

I’ve looked over the site here, but wondered what suggestions the forum crowd had?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2007-01-08

PM

The Last Express! Just came out today for iPad2 and above. This is a remake of one of the very best adventure games, including some fine modifications for the iPad, and is only $4.99. Also works on iPhone 5.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-09-25

PM

There’s a pretty great game for iOS called Super Bros. Sword & Sworcery. It’s got a retro look and the writing is entertaining. I think there’s a couple versions with the most expensive one being $4.99 for iPad, I believe. It’s got some really unique game mechanics, so you should definitely check it out.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

jaysef - 27 September 2012 08:14 PM

There’s a pretty great game for iOS called Super Bros. Sword & Sworcery.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that game doesn’t sound at all like an adventure game, and OP asked for good adventure game suggestions… Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 28 September 2012 12:27 PM
jaysef - 27 September 2012 08:14 PM

There’s a pretty great game for iOS called Super Bros. Sword & Sworcery.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that game doesn’t sound at all like an adventure game, and OP asked for good adventure game suggestions… Innocent

AGs think it’s an adventure.

(That game’s been on my Steam pile for months. I should play it someday.)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Deceptive title, then… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-01-02

PM

I would be happy to hear from you guys what is playing The Last Express on iOS like.
http://itunes.apple.com/app/id508049561
I hope sales are going to be good enough so the game will be ported to Android, too.
Just seeing Jordan Mechner playing it on the train makes me want to play it. (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151025652766326.419726.235166366325&type=1)

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-10-04

PM

I made a game kinda in the style of Zelda dungeons, with an emphasis on action and puzzle solving. I’d love feedback if you’ve got it: http://buttonbrigade.com

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-04-22

PM

Can anyone suggest a game like The Room on ipad? Thanx

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2004-09-01

PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I’d previously heard of Sword and Sorcery, and plan to check it out. Last Express I may purchase, just to support the effort, although I’ve played that game many times. I will check out Button Brigade! Played the first level and a half over lunch here, looks like a great concept for a puzzle-styled game.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-01-02

PM

courderoy guy - 22 October 2012 02:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I’d previously heard of Sword and Sorcery, and plan to check it out. Last Express I may purchase, just to support the effort, although I’ve played that game many times. I will check out Button Brigade! Played the first level and a half over lunch here, looks like a great concept for a puzzle-styled game.

I’ve bought TLE even though I do not have iAnything… Smile But hopefully will try the game later this week on my friend’s iPad. I am curious - not only about controls, but also about those added things like character biographies, hint system etc. It is so lame Android market does not have many (at least 10!) good adventure games.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

If you havnt played phoenix wright and ghost trick, then you should likely do so Smile
You can even try a demo of ghost trick for free i believe.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Ellie - Help me out please is an escape room game but in a very nice package and a nice story to boot!

You can get the Broken Sword games, Flight of the Amazon queen and a couple of other ported(or remastered) adventure games. Of these my favourite recommendation has to be Beneath a Steel Sky.

Other good adventure games: Spider, The Crow, BlindSide.

Then for people who are fan of visual novels: Bar Oasis games and The secret of Chateau de Moreau

I’d also like to recommend some A-production RPG’s because of their amazing stories, but that’s not what you asked for. Wink
The World Ends With You(hailed as the best DS game) contains some adventure elements though ^^;

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2011-02-12

PM

I’d suggest you play Yesterday, it’s just awesome.
Yesterday on iTunes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top