• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Downloading games

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-09-26

PM

I am new to the forum so if I have posted incorrectly please let me know.  I have always bought the boxed version of games.  I just prefer my games in the box version.  I have never downloaded a game.  If I download a game can I save it to a disk or flash drive if I want to play it again two or three years from now ?  Laughing

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I’m exact opposite of you - I do not like physical stuff like box, paper, disc…
I’m using various digital distribution channels, like Gamersgate, Steam, GOG, Origin etc.
You have to check from your online store how it works. In case of Steam and Origin for an example, its complicated to save installation files to your own disc. GOG and Gamersgate let you save it.

One of the many reason why I prefer digital distrib, is that I can access to my game wherever I am. The game you buy stays in your account forever and I can download my fav game without having to have a disc, which may be in other end of the world. And the games are usually already patched to final version, which cuts down extra actions.

Your purchase may be in danger when website closes down. I can’t remember that it would have happened with any big digital distributors* yet so I’d say its safer to own digital copy than disc copy, which may get damaged more easily.

* there is case with Direct 2 Drive, which merged with Gamefly. One of the result was that D2D catalogue wasnt fully available anymore. I had very rare Dead to Rights 2 (English PC version was released only there!) there and I was afraid I lost it, but GF support helped me to get my game back, so I still have it there, even if its not possible to purchase. I have read some user comments who have lost their games after merger, but I’m not sure they have used support’s help to get games back.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top