• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gog releasing some old adventures

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

Camelot was the first Sierra game I really got to play for myself that wasn’t made for children. I look forward to revisiting it after 23 years now and counting.

Advie - 07 May 2017 04:27 PM
Venkman - 07 May 2017 07:17 AM

Advie did the same thing, making a condescending remark about somebody who was happy about a Willy Beamish hint book (another wrong position, as the game is known for having bad timed/random puzzles).

so is that it? why don’t you talk straight man, you are right what i said about jobloshow comment wasn’t appropriate at all, i don’t why did i mock the way of someone uses hint books or not…  my apologies jobloshow

Thumbs Up

Yea I think you thought I was responding to something different the first time. Anyway this is blown a bit out of proportion now, sorry.

I’m just furious that GOG is refusing to support these ScummVM games on Sega Dreamcast.  Naughty

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Its alright VenkMan, happens a lot around (these) forums anyways, glad you straighten me out tho.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Blast from the past on gog - they released Humans

https://www.gog.com/game/the_humans_bundle

I’t more of a puzzle game, Haven’t remembered that name in a long time

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A couple of new releases:

Reah: Face the Unknown and Schizm: Mysterious Journey

https://www.gog.com/news/release_reah_schizm

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

wilco - 24 October 2017 06:17 PM

A couple of new releases:

Reah: Face the Unknown and Schizm: Mysterious Journey

https://www.gog.com/news/release_reah_schizm

And… A.D. 2044! By the same people behind Reah and Schizm and a game that was almost impossible to find (very expensive on the second hand/trade market) back in the days. Supposedly not the best of the Myst clones from that time, but you can get it for free at the moment.

Schizm on Gog is appearantly the DVD-version.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

AD 2044 is not a good game unfortunately. But free is free. Today only. Both Schizm and Reah are better games if you like Myst clones with very difficult puzzles. Which I don’t.  Shifty Eyed

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I really hope they will release Duckman: The Graphic Adventure on GOG. Been playing it many years ago and was enjoying it a lot (great humor)... but it doesn’t work anymore on new machines (I think it was win95 game).

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Some Dynamix games today:

Heart of China
Rise of the Dragon

I thought HoC was kind of meh (and so many dead-ends!), and RotD terrifies me, but I’m sure someone will be glad GOG is re-releasing those two.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Rise of the Dragon looks so good, no idea what it’s about but always liked the screens. The action parta do look frustrating like Mean Streets.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

wilco - 08 November 2017 04:01 PM

Rise of the Dragon looks so good, no idea what it’s about but always liked the screens. The action parta do look frustrating like Mean Streets.

Yes, I’ve never had a chance to play either of these but have seen a lot of very appealing screenshots in quizzes!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time released today

https://www.gog.com/game/titanic_adventure_out_of_time

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

wilco - 28 December 2017 12:49 PM

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time released today

https://www.gog.com/game/titanic_adventure_out_of_time

Man, that’s great news! It was one of the games that, after discovering Myst around 1995 or so, got me hooked on adventure games. I suspect it hasn’t aged particularly well though, with the Arrow keys for controls, a few crude borderline action sequences and the stressful timed end sequence. Very hard to solve with the best possible outcome too. Needs to be played through several times.

A unique experience nevertheless and I will support GOG for bringing it back to the market.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-02-17

PM

Just had to reply to this thread to say I wholeheartedly disagree with the assertion that Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist is a shit game. Thank you.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TalC2 - 02 January 2018 05:10 AM

Just had to reply to this thread to say I wholeheartedly disagree with the assertion that Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist is a shit game. Thank you.

You really don’t want to have a look at this thread, then. Tongue

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I really hope GOG will release Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick.
It’s one adventure I have really fond memories of and would love to replay it, but it doesn’t work on anything above win95.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top