• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Heavy Rain (PC compatibility?)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

isn’t yet there a way to run this on PC?

Total Posts: 74

Joined 2017-01-13

PM

Well it seems to be a PS3 game and PS3 emulator software does exist so in theory it could work…ignoring several obstacles like required pc performance and emulator compatibility, etc :-)

But that’s not a “no” in my book Grin

[edit]
On a sidenote - how the bloody hell did i miss this game?! It seems extremely interesting!
[/edit]

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

man, we both are too dead to complain bout being the only who hadn’t played this gem.. yet!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

PS3 emulation does exist but I think it’s still going to take a few years to be able to emulate the bigger games. I’m sure it will be possible someday but it’s going to take a while.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

If you buy or borrow or steal a PS3 and place it on top of your computer, are you technically running it “on a PC”?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 31 January 2017 06:40 PM

If you buy or borrow or steal a PS3 and place it on top of your computer, are you technically running it “on a PC”?

Or stick inside a PC case: Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 31 January 2017 06:40 PM

so that IS the humor of the not-funny-comedy-jokes, you guys have been rattling about?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It was funny, it was just missing the appropriate sound effect.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 31 January 2017 12:19 PM

get a deal as low as 100$

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3-Consoles-Hardware/b?ie=UTF8&node=14210711

enjoy and sell back

Treat as if the game costs higher
or get ps3 from egypt , ask retailer how much you will get when you sell him back

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Even ps2 games not working stable on pc,so don’t expect to play it on pc,except an official release if ever become available.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

While PS3 emulation has seen some advancement, it’s still just really getting started, as emulating the CELL architecture is pretty hardware consuming. So even if you’d get a game running on a PS3 emu, they will very likely still have several issues.

As Gabe said, even PS2, which is far older machine, still has several hiccups on emulation front.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 31 January 2017 08:16 PM

enjoy and sell back

or get ps3 from egypt , ask retailer how much you will get when you sell him back

i started playing Fahrenheit now for the first time to see if HR would deserve to take this step or?, and yea i know that HR is much advanced but i think Fahrenheit must give an idea of what am i missing… or not!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 01 February 2017 06:38 PM

enjoy and sell back

i started playing Fahrenheit now for the first time to see if HR would deserve to take this step or?, and yea i know that HR is much advanced but i think Fahrenheit must give an idea of what am i missing… or not!

Remember that if you liked carla and her scenes, then Madison is even better
That will secure your ps3 purchase
Yum

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Advie - 01 February 2017 06:38 PM

enjoy and sell back

I loved the beginning of Fahrenheit but thought it turned to absolute shit around the halfway point in the story.  Heavy Rain is more like the first part.  So if you like that, yeah, you should like Heavy Rain.

Also Heavy Rain’s quicktime events are much more enjoyable than the awful Simon-style button mashing that Fahrenheit uses.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I played on ps2 so analog stick movements were neat in many scenes, varied and fun
unlike TTG

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

nomadsoul - 02 February 2017 02:27 AM

I played on ps2 so analog stick movements were neat in many scenes, varied and fun
unlike TTG

You literally just have to hit a ton of buttons in a row matching the ones that appear on the screen.  And if you miss one, you usually fail the scene.  Possibly the worst version of “gameplay” I’ve ever seen in a game.

I’m not the type of adventure gamer that struggles to get through a game just because it has some difficult action sequences, but there were some scenes near the end that I struggled with so bad I just quit playing.  A really frustrating and unfun experience.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top