• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Will 2013 be the biggest year ever for adventure games?

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

For most genres, 2013 is looking a bit sparse. For RPGs we really only have Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun returns that seem guaranteed to be worth playing, and for action games, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us. However, 2013 seems to be on track to be huge for adventure games. Games that seem to be currently on track for a 2013 release:

A Good Chance:
SpaceVenture
Jack Houston and the Necronauts
Infamous Adventures
Tex Murphy 6
King’s Quest
Double Fine Adventure
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse
Project Mobius
Mages: Initiation
Stasis

A Big Maybe:
A Science Fiction Saga

Potential English localisations:
The Critter Chronicles
Deponia 2

I could be missing some, and of course, anyone of these could be pushed back a year, but for now, it’s looking good Smile

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Plus:

Moebius
Hero-U
Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse
LSL Reloaded
Mystery X
Beneath a Steel Sky 2 (Mayhap)

but all those titles dont mean anything for 2013 especially , yeah sure i have High Hopes mostly for the future of the adventuring but you know games can get to be Delayed ,Canceled and Disappointing .

Like after of SF the 2 Parts which were great the developers ruined the series by SF3 with some stupid Minigames within.

for me i just hope that come back of 6 Developers of Sierra Scott,Mark.Jane,Al,Corey,Lori to the Adventuring Scene would be up to their history, Successes and Achievements .

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

I completely forgot to mention Broken Sword 5 Smile That’s another big one, but I highly doubt Beneath a Steel Sky 2 will be a 2013 release. I can’t wait for the Cole kickstarter, since I’m a big QFG fan, but that is another one that looks near impossible for 2013, since the kickstarter isn’t even opening until next month, and the likely RPG elements will probably mean a longer development time than a straight adventure game.

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

The First Crown (hopefully the Last Crown will be released this year)
Deponia 3
Lily Looking Through

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

Deponia 3? hasn’t there only been one Deponia game? I also forgot to mention Mages: Initiation from Himalaya.

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

*Cough….*

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Chrono-Serge - 25 September 2012 11:59 AM

Deponia 3? hasn’t there only been one Deponia game?

Chaos on Deponia will be released in German next month. The English version will take a little longer.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

This is an outrage! seriously though, Deponia 1 just came out here on steam Smile How can we be that far behind?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Chrono-Serge - 25 September 2012 12:05 PM

This is an outrage! seriously though, Deponia 1 just came out here on steam Smile How can we be that far behind?

as Tim Schafer (before his Kickstarter)  said

“Adventure Games exist in our Memories , Dreams and Germany “

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pyke - 25 September 2012 12:02 PM

*Cough….*

WAY too little love for Stasis, imo…  Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Im like one of those soccer moms who wants to know why her fat little kid with the thick glasses cant also play… Grin

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

I had not heard of Statis until this thread, but I’ll keep an eye on it Smile

Update: I have decided that Stasis looks like a very interesting game, and I have moved it to my list of most anticipated games of 2013.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’d like to add Haunted to the list but I’m beginning to think it’ll never see the light of day Embarassed

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Yes, 2013 is going to be epic.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Yes, Deponia will be a trilogy. I doubt the D3 English version gets released in 2013 though. Same about Beneath a Steel Sky 2 - 2013 is highly doubtful.

But there are a lot of other titles as well, some examples:
The Rabbit’s Apprentice
The Raven
1954: Alcatraz
The Inner World
The Cave
Jack Keane 2
Freak Files
City of Secrets 2
Pirates Tale - aidemmedia
Telltale hits with new waves
etc etc

hopefully a lot of games in German gets localised, like
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles etc etc

“For most genres, 2013 is looking a bit sparse.” IMO - no! There may not be games you want, but the release calender is full of games I and other gamers wait. Smile

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

Well after reading this thread, I realise that there are a lot of games I want Smile It’s just that most of them are adventure games, and my next fav genre, the western RPG is a bit sparse Wink. Fortunately, Book of Unwritten Tales has been released in the US on Steam Smile I own it, but I have not actually played it yet, same goes for The Next Big Thing from Pendulo. I am seriously surprised to find that Deponia is only the first in a trilogy though. That makes me not want to play it until I am certain that the next two installments will be released in English Smile.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top