• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 25 September 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Seven games that make you want to commit suicide, Day two: The Walking Dead.

The world has gone to hell, the dead are walking, and you’re trying to survive. Horrible stuff ensues. Everyone dies! You kill your friends by crushing their heads with a brick! Cannibalism! In a cute scene that will make you all warm and fuzzy inside, protagonist Lee and 8-year-old Clementine bond as he teaches her how to kill stuff using a gun! And don’t miss next month’s episode, in which Clementine discovers the joys of sex at the hands of the creepy paedophile with the walkie-talkie! Yay?

Ultimately, you know there are only two options: either you suffer a horrible death, or you do terrible things to survive and end up dying anyway at a later point. So just give it up and join the ranks of the walkers!

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It is an excellent game so far however. Ok, it’s like an interactive movie, but I enjoyed almost every second of it. What makes it so good is the characters themselves. They all have their pros and cons, you end up caring for them, feeling deeply sorrow when someone gets the high way….

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

When I first read about the Walking Dead it didn’t appeal to me. But thanks to the many positive reviews and comments I considered buying it. And now I read I’m supposed to experience deep sorrow while killing my friends by bashing their heads with a brick! I think I’ll pass, thanks.  Sick

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m waiting for the full season to be available, but the rave reviews have got me very interested indeed… Definitely a game (well, season of episodes) that I’ll be checking…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Excellent game from Telltale, hope the final 2 episodes keep up with the high bar set.

It’s also an great adaptation/side story of the comic book unlike the mostly boring TV series.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I’m quite looking forward to playing The Walking Dead. I loved the TV Show, and even though the game has a different story and different characters prior to the events in the TV Show, I’d still love to play it. Of course I’d have to be in a very good mood, calm, stable, and not feeling nauseous (thus meaning in the mood for bashing heads ) I can’t say that I’m a big fan of horror games, but I am a fan of zombie apocalypses (I don’t want this to sound worng Crazy )

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I can’t recommend The Walking Dead enough. I might have been slightly sarcastic in the opening post, but this is truly some of the very best interactive story-telling ever made. Everyone should play the series. And also, everyone should play it as it unfolds. The episodic nature, the wait, and the discussions, and the theorizing, between the episodes is half the fun! People who wait for the whole thing to be released before playing it are being silly, and are robbing themselves of the full experience.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top