• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 18 January 2017

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It’s Alan Alexander Milne’s birthday today so here’s a screenshot from Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood .

Based on A. A. Milne’s famous bear the game was created by Al Lowe for Sierra-Online & released in 1984 way before my gaming years! Laughing

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

awesome idea for a scene.. but may i say Wikipedia is wrong (again) about its release date, the initial release was ‘84

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Advie - I should have paid more attention to info in Moby Games so I’ll edit it!
Did you play it? as I couldn’t fathom out whether it was specifically aimed at children or for a greater age range of audience?  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 19 January 2017 01:47 PM

Thanks Advie - I should have paid more attention to info in Moby Games so I’ll edit it!
Did you play it? as I couldn’t fathom out whether it was specifically aimed at children or for a greater age range of audience?  Smile

no, i missed it.. i only knew about very late.  i had abandoned text adventure then Smile

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I can’t remember the exact chronology. But in 1984 the computers were pretty primitive. I’m not sure that the 8088 processor was in wide use at the time. Although it would be my guess that the game was intended to play on that machine. If so, the game was probably unplayable on a “modern” machine by 1988. The only color monitors available at the time were tiny 8” screen RGB monitors. (A far cry from the 28” flat-screen I now enjoy.) It’s surprising to me that your screenshot looks as good as it does.

Edit: I just looked it up and the 8088 was first produced in 1979. Wiki says it was in production through 1990, although with no specific end date. So, I guess if you started playing games before 1990, and still owned your first IBM, or IBM clone PC, you could have played this game up until the point that Intel put out the next series of 80188 chips.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

This was the first game I owned! I loved going around the wood collecting all the items. I played it on our Commodore 64…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top