• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What Matters..

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am actually liking the intense forums activity that been taking place for several days..  i ‘ve been wishing for since i joined the site..many members coming forward and deliberating the genre and not just discussing some title or making lists of some sort;  considering the genre and what is about it that really makes it our drug of choice and what are the matters that really matter, while this ‘escarpment’ of the genre happening that could literally somehow, someway result in it losing its core. [i imagine young ppl who had never seen the classic day taking whatever they get their hand on without knowing that our genre is what created computer gaming of ALL the other genres] it’s as if it being swept by a market (IMO) that is tickling with genre only facially and hardly having anything to do it. Ah, however… Shifty Eyed

I had an idea which was close to those discussions for rating, it lays upon five aspects:
Graphics/Animation
Design/Gameplaying
Story/Story-Telling
Music/Audio
Puzzles

and aside from how i see its fair and reliable way to judge an adventure it can push away any sorta confusing about one and where it stands or if it’s considered an adventure at the first place or.. 
Every aspect could be judged separately (and mayhap sometimes needs to eliminate one of the five or two aspects depending on how (un)traditional it could be)

Not trying to do a poll about those, but actually trying to have kind ofa postmortem using those aspects on any adventure and see which can-be/was its strong approach(reason for success) or how is/was it disappointing.. and maybe answer (meself) if there was ever really an adventure game that handled the 5 aspects (i guess not even GF) to the top at the altogether?

i.e so for Wadjet-Eye games that cared less for Graphics and Animation for the greatness of their puzzles and story ..

i.e ttg declined the puzzles for the story and graphics

or Daedalic which tried reaching a moderate score at each aspect rather than caring less or much for one for the other.. but that is history now (i guess) i am not sure if we will ever see their traditional planned adventure The Devil’s Men!

so what do you guys think of what really matters (for You) with adventures? ..and what can you live without or care less of those five aspects?

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie outta control again,can’t help himself but asking the same questions 110th times.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Maybe because it matters?

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Advie - 15 January 2017 05:15 AM

No….

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Idont know what kind of joke is this..  but i am sick of myself and how many times I have proven me being ahead of many when it comes to seeing the future but never went aloud to say see I was right…  a
and as much as I interact here I know very much but I keep my moderate self down to earth…  I an Arab..  Muslim mathafah and proud too and won’t lay back towards my opinion which prove right at least most of the time..
origami don’t take these word to yourself I like you..  it only brought a point inside me which I wanted to blow out

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Origami - 15 January 2017 06:41 AM

No….

Cracked me up,a definitive answer. Thumbs Up

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

@Advie

I am just messing with you mate. You are a great member to the forums. *thumbs up*

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Origami - 15 January 2017 08:45 AM

@Advie

I am just messing with you mate. You are a great member to the forums. *thumbs up*

thanks Origami, again that post wasn’t concerning you personally at all Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

No….

This is the reason i bought the game
Sam had excellent design as a sexy intelligent magician, i hate the fact that there is no GM2

@Advie
Dude , art can make it or break it for me
I hated blackwell for the art style, and loved ShivahRemaster and GeminiRue even though they used same engine and approach, BW was bad art for me and thats hampers my immersion
Same reason why i always dig Sonic than Mario
Art is the only thing that can make me totally ignore a game even though its good like Mario or BW
Bad VA i can enjoy if its bad as in too bad its good

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top