• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New trailer for The Poisoned Pawn just dropped

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

Hi adventure gang! Just a heads-up that a new trailer for The Poisoned Pawn: A Tex Murphy adventure just dropped today in time for MAGFest.

The Chaotic Fusion team has a booth at this years’ Music and Gaming festival, taking place at National Harbor, MD between 5-7 January. There we will be showcasing a series of working levels on both VR and standard 3D.

Some of the new features indicated in this trailer are: Oculus Touch controller support, Twitch platform integration… on top of the already known 4K Full Motion Video (for all new FMV that will feature in the game), and of course: VR.

You can check out the trailer here:

And here are some screenshots from the latest version of the game:

If you can make it out to MAGFest this week, we’d love to see you there! If not: please enjoy this trailer, and we look forward to the continued development of the game for a (fingers crossed) 2017 release!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oh, that looks great! Now I’m getting hyped

(I hope VR isn’t delaying the game)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Screenshots look great. Cool

Age seems to be catching up with Chris Jones, though. He’s starting to look his age…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

wilco - 02 January 2017 04:24 PM

(I hope VR isn’t delaying the game)

On the contrary actually. Our programmer and level designer are ensuring that the integration of all desired features are a strong part of the core development path. This is also enabling us to perform ongoing optimization. It is true that VR does change our testing methodology a bit, but for the time being there is no indication that VR is slowing the development down. It has actually become a part of the way forward.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

TimovieMan - 02 January 2017 04:34 PM

Age seems to be catching up with Chris Jones, though. He’s starting to look his age…

Nonsense! He feels great! Smarter! More aggressive! Grin

Nice trailer and great screenshots! Really looking forward to Poisoned Pawn: just finish it and take my money Wink

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Thank you Cubase
OMG…this is so exciting. I can’t believe your small group of volunteer lovers of Tex can produce something of such great quality. Thank you and the team for doing this, I can’t wait. Marvelous, sign me up, where do I pay?

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Is this just a remake of Overseer?

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

GreyFuss - 02 January 2017 11:33 PM

Thank you Cubase
OMG…this is so exciting. I can’t believe your small group of volunteer lovers of Tex can produce something of such great quality. Thank you and the team for doing this, I can’t wait. Marvelous, sign me up, where do I pay?

Haha, thanks! Yes, there are only for of us core team members working on this at the moment, I am super proud of the team, they are doing such an amazing job.

Oscar - 02 January 2017 11:47 PM

Initially it was, but it has evolved beyond that significantly. Big Finish Games are partnering with us later in the year, and Aaron Conners will be writing all new story content. Think of The Poisoned Pawn as having so much new stuff that the “Overseer Remake” is merely one component of the bigger picture.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Oscar - 02 January 2017 11:47 PM

Which was essentially a remake/retelling of Mean Streets.

It’s like every time they make a Superhero movie they redo the origin story.

Game does look good though.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Great-looking screenshots, but I’m not sure why it got people excited. Tesla Effect also looked great but lacked soul. So, the looks of the game are not what worries me.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Antrax - 04 January 2017 12:03 AM

Great-looking screenshots, but I’m not sure why it got people excited. Tesla Effect also looked great but lacked soul. So, the looks of the game are not what worries me.

I agree I got through about half of telsa effect than stopped, it seemed more like a fan made game/movie than a real tex game. For the record I love overseer, bc it had the best story and acting in a tex game and was not sooooooooooooo cheesy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top