• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Filmmaker remake

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Anyone playing? If so…impressions?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I am intending to play this soon!  Smile

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Liked Lifestream a lot and also Shady Brook. Filmmaker’s theme don’t interest me that much, but I (hopefully) could be wrong.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I much preferred the originals of Lifestream & Shady Brook to that of The Filmmaker which was more puzzle focused.
I’ve just finished playing the remake of TF & liked it quite a lot more than the original as the story element seemed to have been enhanced so the game seemed more immersive & the puzzling seeming a little more logical & perhaps easier? Having said that it uses a points based system like SB & I fell short of quite a lot on completion, also I picked up an item in the 1st act which I didn’t get to use which must have had some purpose so there are seemingly a few extra things you can do?

After the game ends you can choose to watch an interesting preview of Stonewall Penitentiary which hopefully will be released this year!

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Where is the remake of The Filmmaker sold?  It didn’t show up anywhere that I looked.

Edit:  NM, I found it.  I don’t see why they haven’t gotten Steam approval considering they have other games.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Try here darthmaul:
StoryCentric Worlds

EDIT: I see that you found it!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Having played the originals I was a bit skeptical about these remakes due to the fact that I prefer first person perspective. I just feel more immersed when I play them over other perspectives and styles. Plus I never really got into text adventures, probably due to the fact that I was used to graphics since I didn’t start playing adventure games until the early to mid 90’s. Well I’m halfway thru Lifestream at the moment and I must say I’m really enjoying it! This hybrid graphic/text adventure style has definitely impressed me. The story seems much more full and developed plus I still get the eye candy I enjoy Smile My only complaint is it can be a little tricky at times to use inventory items due to the fact you have to be on a certain text screen in order to use it. But other than that I’m gonna enjoy returning to Shady Brook soon Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top