Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

The Filmmaker remake

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Anyone playing? If so…impressions?

Total Posts: 3579

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I am intending to play this soon!  Smile

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Liked Lifestream a lot and also Shady Brook. Filmmaker’s theme don’t interest me that much, but I (hopefully) could be wrong.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I much preferred the originals of Lifestream & Shady Brook to that of The Filmmaker which was more puzzle focused.
I’ve just finished playing the remake of TF & liked it quite a lot more than the original as the story element seemed to have been enhanced so the game seemed more immersive & the puzzling seeming a little more logical & perhaps easier? Having said that it uses a points based system like SB & I fell short of quite a lot on completion, also I picked up an item in the 1st act which I didn’t get to use which must have had some purpose so there are seemingly a few extra things you can do?

After the game ends you can choose to watch an interesting preview of Stonewall Penitentiary which hopefully will be released this year!

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Where is the remake of The Filmmaker sold?  It didn’t show up anywhere that I looked.

Edit:  NM, I found it.  I don’t see why they haven’t gotten Steam approval considering they have other games.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Try here darthmaul:
StoryCentric Worlds

EDIT: I see that you found it!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 300

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Having played the originals I was a bit skeptical about these remakes due to the fact that I prefer first person perspective. I just feel more immersed when I play them over other perspectives and styles. Plus I never really got into text adventures, probably due to the fact that I was used to graphics since I didn’t start playing adventure games until the early to mid 90’s. Well I’m halfway thru Lifestream at the moment and I must say I’m really enjoying it! This hybrid graphic/text adventure style has definitely impressed me. The story seems much more full and developed plus I still get the eye candy I enjoy Smile My only complaint is it can be a little tricky at times to use inventory items due to the fact you have to be on a certain text screen in order to use it. But other than that I’m gonna enjoy returning to Shady Brook soon Smile

"There will come a time when you believe that everything is finished; that will be the beginning." - Louis L'Amour

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »