• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2017/2018 Sierra roulette playthrough

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sierra has the best covers

Phantasmagoria 2 - A Puzzle of Flesh

Still at the beginning but never played this one, I expect a trainwreck but the intro is pretty fun in a horror B-movie kind of way with the corny soundtrack to accompany it.
Interesting that they made changed the interface so that that the character look in the direction the mouse icon is. Maybe because Adrienne in the first game looked weird always standing still. It looks creepy in here but that’s appropriate.

The first puzzle in the game is using the pet mouse to retrieve the wallet under the couch and attracting the mouse with a chocolate bar. Promising start Smile

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Keep us posted. I actually never played this one but bought it a while back for the memes. May play it over the weekend if I find the time (and the machine - I actually can’t find my adventuring laptop Frown)

I’m curious as to how Sierra it is, since I don’t have the patience for dead ends and the like.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

of course, it does not have dead ends, and easier than the 1st but it’s the goriest of them all.

wilco i can’t see that image of the cover, or is it me?

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Not just you, you will be able to see it by copying the link address and pasting it in a browser window, then reloading. They use referrer URL protection to avoid hotlinking of images.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think it should be visible now

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Antrax.. and there you go wilco, we don’t wanna miss this cover around the thread.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I played both Phantasmagoria games when they were originally released, but where I still have a very vivid memory of the first game, then I can hardly remember a single thing from the 2nd Meh

I guess that means that it is not nearly as scary or gory as the first, and more of a run-of-the-mill game Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I thought the second one was notorious for being over-the-top with the nudity and gore.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Antrax - 19 January 2017 10:37 AM

I thought the second one was notorious for being over-the-top with the nudity and gore.

Perhaps, but where I can still vividly remember all of the death scenes in P1, then I can’t remember a single scene from P2, and normally nudity and gore is something I would remember - Go figure

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 19 January 2017 10:54 AM

and normally nudity and gore is something I would remember - Go figure

fixed

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

There’s one bit of female nudity (topless) and a couple of male (also topless Tongue ) and that’s it. Some gore but not a great deal although one bit is over the top I felt. For me, P2 was far better than the original although I appear in the minority on this.

And Wilco it’s a rat not a mouse.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Jabod - 19 January 2017 12:30 PM

And Wilco it’s a rat not a mouse.

Grin Will that make it better?!?

(I thought rats were bigger and all around nastier)

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

wilco - 19 January 2017 01:20 PM

Grin Will that make it better?!?

(I thought rats were bigger and all around nastier)

Rats are rather more intelligent than mice and make very good pets although I wouldn’t try to catch one from the sewers of any main city and try to tame it!
You can get some decent info here http://www.nfrs.org/ although it won’t help you with the game Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 19 January 2017 10:54 AM

Perhaps, but where I can still vividly remember all of the death scenes in P1, then I can’t remember a single scene from P2, and normally nudity and gore is something I would remember - Go figure

Strangely I feel exactly the same way. I can remember small details such as P1 being the first game in which I experienced the newspaper under the door solution to retrieving a key puzzle. But I can’t remember a blasted thing about P2.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished chapter 1 - A couple of jump scares, 0 gore, 1 surprisingly explicit sex scene.

Pretty uneventful so far, mostly just clicking around looking for the place that triggers the next scene (with excellent acting, of course)
Not many puzzles except for 1 stupid hard one that, unless I missed the clues, we had to guess a mostly random word…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top