• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2017/2018 Sierra roulette playthrough

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 30 January 2018 06:32 AM

With Shivers and Rama done think it’s time for something simpler and since I’ve read they don’t have dead-ends might trying the Ecoquest series for some positive environment messages…

say something about before move , do you think its better than lighthouse at least?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 30 January 2018 01:38 PM
wilco - 30 January 2018 06:32 AM

With Shivers and Rama done think it’s time for something simpler and since I’ve read they don’t have dead-ends might trying the Ecoquest series for some positive environment messages…

say something about before move , do you think its better than lighthouse at least?

My thoughts about Rama went to the other thread. Have not played Lighthouse yet but if you mean Shivers I prefered Rama. Better story and more interesting puzzles. Also more frustrating elements but still good.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ahh shivers ’ me temper’ i meant.. still waiting you to play lighthouse and to prove out my taste that its the best 1st person of sierra.

are playing already anything, would like to play Woodruff with me? i mean like now

edit: for about it, you must already have made your way thru eco, its an easy game, bit i guess when you get to part two you will find it a bit of more challenging
and i need to take a long break, i don’t know why maybe i can work on my english ... maybe, until then. Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 30 January 2018 04:43 PM

ahh shivers ’ me temper’ i meant.. still waiting you to play lighthouse and to prove out my taste that its the best 1st person of sierra.

are playing already anything, would like to play Woodruff with me? i mean like now

edit: for about it, you must already have made your way thru eco, its an easy game, bit i guess when you get to part two you will find it a bit of more challenging
and i need to take a long break, i don’t know why maybe i can work on my english ... maybe, until then. Wink

Haven’t started it yet, will only start next week a new game.
As for Woodruff, of course I’ll join you but let’s wait for CP voting to see if it wins

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 31 January 2018 02:32 PM

As for Woodruff, of course I’ll join you but let’s wait for CP voting to see if it wins

man you an angel, or a king, if they made avote for whose the best person at these froums easily it will be wilco…
woodruff wont .. so woodruff next week, cool, i think i can invite Doom and HeadCakes and i guess they will join this woodruff plathrough… so it would be more exciting four better than 2. Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

will i am saying all this wilco, because i think Woodruff could be easily nominated to be of the most with difficult puzzles but of those original and always intelligent and convincing after all, tho that is based of the life that Boozoks (woodruff race) lives Smile

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

All I can say is that i finished Woodruff and Schnibble again last year and it took me forever. It is a very hard game.  Even with a walkthrough I was stuck; I, didn’t have enough money etc.  But, interestingly, I just started it again for my 4th time and even though it is still hard, it is a lot of fun

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This only applies to the AGCPT thread, but I can see why people who have played this VERY difficult game before might want to play it again with others who have also played it before. Me? I like my playthroughs challenging, but not with descriptions auch as Advie’s (paraphrased) “The most difficult game ever.”

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

EcoQuest is a bit too edutainment for my taste, but it’s not terrible. I think I only played the first one, I had some technical issue with the second I never resolved so it crashed right after the opening. Probably faulty floppies or something.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sir.Wilco could thee open a new thread for Woodruff since you are the pioneer who presented the idea of playing all Sierra_online games.

fuck, i cant wait!!! Laughing Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

well, i guess now its time for you to fight your fears and take look at Larry’s games, Wilco!

i know your take on Larry’s Adventures as many do too, but the series is not all LSL1, each game has its own style, and i think if you wanna go to any of them, i would recommend LSL2, its the only Larry game where he does not* go after women, its a total different approach from Al Lowe;  Lottery, KGB, Evil Doctor (someone like Amazon Queen’s), Purses and Espionage.

but i guess i must warn you it has the most terrible, unfair, much deaths that been in any adventure, Ever!

LSL1: Sex
LSL2: Espionage
LSL3: True Love
LSL5: Stupid ‘Totally must Ignore’
LSL6: Sex again
LSL7: True Adventure

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

LSL2 is *awful*. It rivals Iceman in stupid deaths and dead ends.

7 is probably the best of the lot but it feels like cheating. From the “classic” ones, I think 3 is my favorite.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’d recommend Larry 2 only if you’re using a walkthrough. It’s the embodiment of a game where you can constantly get into a dead end. While I do like the Bond parody style it has, it still is a poorly made game.

LSL7 is one of the best games Sierra released though. I’d actually recommend 6 and 7 out of all the games. 5 is fun but pretty easy. Out of the first three, as in parsers games, the third one is my favourite.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Antrax - 13 March 2018 07:37 AM

I think 3 is my favorite.

tomimt - 13 March 2018 11:09 AM

the third one is my favourite.

Advie - 25 July 2013 06:57 PM

1. Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals

2.Riven

3.Police Quest II: The Vengeance

4.Edna & Harvey: The Breakout

5.Overclocked :A History of Violence

6.Blade Runner

7.Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and The Time Rippers

8.Syberia 1!!

9.Black Mirror 2

10.Myst IV: Revelation

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

FWIW nostalgia is probably relevant. I bought LSL3 with my best friend back when it came out, we pooled our pocket money. It was the first computer game I ever bought and I played the heck out of it. I was so young I didn’t get any of the sexual references, we figured out pretty quickly how to set it to the maximum smut level but I remember mostly being confused by what was going on.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top