• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

AnimeAdamBeckyKeybordzNico2021walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anna’s Quest Vol. 1: Winfriede’s Tower

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Sughly - 06 November 2012 07:31 PM

Haha, ahh D.C., my personal cheerleader you Tongue Thanks so so much for the ongoing support!

Grin Any time, man!

Vampire Naomi: I really liked Ted’s voice too, endearing’s probably the best damn way to describe it. Probably slightly jarring at first having the character voiced by a real kid when Anna was an adult playing a kid—worked incredibly well, though! Kind of gave a contrast to the characters too and made Anna seem wiser beyond her years! I think my favourite part was when the puzzles opened up in the second half of the game, choosing the order of doing things and all that. Very LucasArts-like… Smile

So Sughly, any easter eggs hidden here that no one has found yet? Grin

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

D.C. - 09 November 2012 09:07 PM

So Sughly, any easter eggs hidden here that no one has found yet? Grin

Ahhh, well, you tell me! What ones did you pick up on? I was so so glad the review picked up on the Hans Lind bit - while not an easter egg, Hans is a major part of the story later on. It’s a case of rewarding the curious really Smile

My personal fave is Anna’s singing, so kudos if you got that one.

As always, thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you enjoyed it Vampire Naomi!

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Anna sings? Oh man, I think a replay might be in order! Tongue

The basement definitely reminded of the voodoo lady’s shop from Monkey Island. I half expected that chicken on the shelf to be a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle. I really liked the detail too. Saw the Hans Lind thing. Also thought about how all the pieces of the prologue fit together with the lore too.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Finished it a few days ago.

+ Nice Graphics, well fitted into the game
+ Nice Music and excellent Voices (espcially Anna’s & Winfriede’s)
+ Easy interface (the usual “coin”)
+ Difficulty of the riddles is at medium level (and that’s good)
+ Very good balance between humorus and serious situations
I’m still holding my belly when I think the following dialog and the tension existed at that moment…
Anna: How did you got in? I searched the entire building! You were nowhere around!
Winfriede: Ha! Foolish child! It’s wichcraft! I don’t expect you to understand.
Ted: She’s lying Anna. She got down the roof.

+ Nice Story and interesting characters. I know its just the first Episode, but high
  expectations are born. And I already felt I cared about Anna & Ted.
- I thought it was pretty short. Finished it quickly (although for just 5 bucks, it ceartainly has great VfM).
- I expect more than 4 save slots in the future.
- The loading was really slow in the beggining. I understand that it loads the entire game, but that’s pretty hard if, for example I want to load a scene just before the ending to rewatch it and have to wait for the game to load the entire game’s animation database that I’m not going to see. Perhaps the loading procedure should be done while moving from one screen to another. There weren’t that many anyways.

To sum up: Great effort! Keep going, we are waiting for the 2nd part already! Smile

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I haven’t researched too much about the game but it looks very interesting and I’d like to play it. However, the whole trilogy thing… Is it 100 % certain that the other two games will be released and what is the so-so timeframe for that? I’d personally prefer to just wait and play all three games in succession is all Smile

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

I know with certainty that Vol. 2 is already in production, confirmed in interviews like this one. (I think there’s spoilers in there, so don’t read unless you’ve played!) Here’s an excerpt:

Have you started working on Anna’s Quest Vol. 2 yet?

Sure have! I’ve already completed a few room backgrounds and objects completely and am working on a fourth right now. All the game has been designed, and a lot of the concept art has been sketched out already, so it’s just a matter of churning through the list of things to do! It’s a long list though, but I’ll be making sure it gets out as fast as it can.

I can say based on my own experiences that there’s enough of a self-contained story that you’ll feel satisfied by the end of the first chapter! Atleast I did! Grin

Also folks, don’t forget you can still vote for Anna’s Quest on Steam Greenlight!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top