• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A NEAR DAWN: Dark comedy thriller adventure < Play the Prologue! >

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Hey guys, a little KickStarter Update - we received a lot of support in the first day and are up to 20% of our funding goal!
Also! Some one super enthusiastic about the project supported it on the highest tier!! One of the rewards for that one is adding a new character into the game based on their idea. So that should be interesting!  :)

[This is our KickStarter Campaign]

Wish us luck!

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Does anyone watch Pouchmon?  :)

We are up to 1/4 funded on our KickStarter Campaign  :)  Have a peek if you haven’t already, we have some pretty snazzy rewards.

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

In my KickStarter Update #2, I talk about how A Near Dawn got started - from text-based adventure to fully graphical adventure game! :)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1760145755/a-near-dawn-visual-adventure-game/posts/2027643

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

I wrote a post about what’s inspired me to tell my stories - in particular A Near Dawn.  :)

https://leondaydream.wordpress.com/2017/11/01/inspiration-for-your-original-story/

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

I talk about working with Voice Actors in my latest update on KickStarter. I never worked with voice actors before and it’s been a very interesting experience working with them so closely, and really helping them along in realizing my vision, but at the same time picking up on their strengths and appreciating what they bring to the project.  :)

A Near Dawn - KickStarter Update #5

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Our KickStarter campaign has been teetering at the 40% mark for the past few days, but we’ve slowly had more attention given to the project, and Operation Rainfall wrote a really nice article about it.  :)

http://www.operationrainfall.com/2017/11/05/a-near-dawn/

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Hey guys, we’re going to try this again - you can help us by pledging a tweet or post to one of your social media platforms on our Thunderclap.
Please help us if you can! It only takes a minute and we will need 100 people to help us or it fails (again).  Smile

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Hi guys, happy Saturday!  Smile
First of all, we are up to 50% on our KickStarter Campaign! Which is amazing, but we will definitely need more help to reach our goal!

And also, I just gave a really in-depth interview to IndieGraze about A Near Dawn:

https://www.indiegraze.com/2017/11/10/interview-a-near-dawns-leonid-pilchin/

“... there is no question in my mind that you need something for a character to stay with your audience. Everyone knows that instinctively, if they think about their favorite characters – I mention Peter Lorre from The Maltese Falcon in my post, but I can just as easily talk about Jack Sparrow, an immensely beloved character. And probably eccentricity is not the perfect word, but definitely personality…”

Etc…

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

We just posted a new update on our Kickstarter Campaign:

Update #9: ANDROID For All!

The gist of it is that all our backers on Kickstarter at and above the Early Wakeup tier will receive a complimentary copy of the game on Android (for themselves or a friend) in addition to their other rewards!  Smile

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

For our Kickstarter Update #10: Mysteries and Science Fiction in A Near Dawn - well, like it says, I talk about some of the mysteries and science fiction in our story! I also mention another of my major influences (can you guess what it is?).  Smile

P.S. I cleaned up the first post in this thread as well, it was kind of obnoxious looking at it before, with many of the images running off the page before…

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Our Kickstarter Update #11 - Psychology and Darkness in A Near Dawn talks about some of the darker and deeper aspects of our adventure game.

We have only 4 days to go in our Kickstarter Campaign! It has been a crazy ride, and at 55% we will need all the help we can get to reach our goal!

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Hey guys!
We’re coming down to the last hours on our Kickstarter Campaign. It’s been a wild ride, but we’re still only at about 60% of the mark, and will need a lot more support to reach our goal.

Also, there is now a Russian version of our Prologue, as well - You can find it on our Itch.io page… you know, if you read Russian.  Tongue

Please consider sharing and supporting our project, we only have a short while left on our campaign!

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Hey guys, we are entering the final hours of our Kickstarter Campaign ~ currently we are up to 75% with 10 HOURS left. Please take a look if you haven’t yet and consider supporting our project!  :)

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Our Kickstarter wrapped up at 76% ~ we didn’t quite reach our goal, but thanks for all the support over the past few weeks!  Smile

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

So is the game off now the Kickstarter has failed? That would be a real shame, I loved playing Put a Sock In It and was really looking forward to A Near Dawn!

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top