• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A NEAR DAWN: Dark comedy thriller adventure < Play the Prologue! >

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Mini Update:

Our composer is doing a great job putting some tracks together for the game.
Our BG artist is doing a great job on backgrounds (my original on the left, and the new one on the right):

And hopefully I’ve been doing a good job working on art for the opening.  :)

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Total Posts: 74

Joined 2017-01-13

PM

Looking good, man.

I’m wondering though how you will combine the art styles.
The background artwork looks quite different than the character artwork. I’m looking forward to an ingame screenshot (although i understand that will take a little while still Smile )

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Bitano - 15 March 2017 06:39 PM

Looking good, man.

I’m wondering though how you will combine the art styles.
The background artwork looks quite different than the character artwork. I’m looking forward to an ingame screenshot (although i understand that will take a little while still :) )

Thanks Bitano!
Well, in my mind it just sort of comes together.  :)
But yeah, it will be a little while before I’m ready to start combining all of the elements for the build.

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

The backgrounds do look different from the figures - but I think the overall style fits, it’s more the level of detail that’s different. We’ll have to see how they actually look together, but it could work like a ligne claire drawing style - having bold characters and more realistic backgrounds worked fine for Tintin!

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Phlebas - 17 March 2017 06:11 AM

The backgrounds do look different from the figures - but I think the overall style fits, it’s more the level of detail that’s different. We’ll have to see how they actually look together, but it could work like a ligne claire drawing style - having bold characters and more realistic backgrounds worked fine for Tintin!

Oh yeah, the BGs will have character art that matches them more so they can fit in the space, but if you are speaking to a character then you will get more of a close up on them with the thicker outlines.  :)

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2017-03-20

PM

TimovieMan - 19 February 2017 05:23 AM

Too close a resemblance to Phoenix Wright, if you ask me. Especially if he’s a defense attorney as well…

Agreed that maybe the characters share a wardrobe, but I actually love the Phoenix Wright inspiration. It’s been too long since I’ve played one of those and would be itching to try another. Good luck guys!

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=8355229

Sorry, couldn’t resist Smile

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

TheWanderingBen - 20 March 2017 11:53 AM

Agreed that maybe the characters share a wardrobe, but I actually love the Phoenix Wright inspiration. It’s been too long since I’ve played one of those and would be itching to try another. Good luck guys!

Thanks TheWanderingBen! (Ben for short?  :) )

Phlebas - 20 March 2017 12:01 PM

Sorry, couldn’t resist :)

:P

I wish this project was moving along a little quicker, but we’re still getting the pieces together. I hope to have some more artwork to share in the next few days!

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Finished another scene for the opening (finally)!  :)

Sam wakes up early in the morning just like the rest of us (most of us?) and thinks about life as he gets ready for work.

Total Posts: 74

Joined 2017-01-13

PM

LeonDaydreamer - 31 March 2017 03:53 PM

Finished another scene for the opening (finally)!  :)

Sam wakes up early in the morning just like the rest of us (most of us?) and thinks about life as he gets ready for work.

Well done! I remember thinking about life once while getting ready for work…I ended up arriving too late. Never again!!!

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Bitano - 31 March 2017 04:28 PM

Well done! I remember thinking about life once while getting ready for work…I ended up arriving too late. Never again!!!

Thanks Bitano!  Smile
I know, those existential black holes can be all too consuming if you allow them. The trick is to pretend that all is well and not look too deeply at yourself in the mirror. Don’t be like Sam.  o.o

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Look, my obsessive compulsive illustration of Seattle!

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

And I’m back after a brief hiatus - which featured:
* Helping out with Event Photography
* 10 Day Trip to Chicago (it was wonderful and artistic)
* 7 Days in Cuba (quite pleasant indeed)
* Putting Together a 150-page Exhibition Catalogue for an Artist

Now, without further ado, presenting some CG action from A Near Dawn:

Who had the pasta?

Opening art (which wound up being quite extensive), and CGs appear to be finally finished for the Prologue (Demo). We will be reaching out to voice actors to discuss recording voice for the Prologue, which will now hopefully be brought about without too many further interruptions along the way.

Look forward to it!  :)

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

I love my composer!  :)
He’s putting together some really nice tracks for the project.
Hopefully I’ll be able to share some of them soon.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

So coolness!

I’ve been accepted to exhibit this project (as well as my earlier one) at Bit Bazaar - a Toronto-based indie game con. I’ve never participated in a con before, so I’m equal parts nervous and excited about it!  :)

Now, to hustle and put together a good quality demo for the event!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top