• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

“The First Adventure Game Picture Show” - QUIZ [ENDED]

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 10 December 2016 09:31 PM
Karlok - 10 December 2016 09:26 PM

The reference to Kate Walker is beyond me as well. Care to explain?

No.

Interesting…
I’ve got a feeling this has something to do with all that jazz or something, but since you’re not willing to explain anything, let alone Kate Walker, my guess is worth nothing. Here’s to hoping you’ll participate in the quiz and guess every single avatar I’ve posted the past three months!  Cool

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I meant to post this on Friday:

SCORES so far (excluding Bonus points):
DarkEye 90
Lady Kestrel 49
Karlok 48
Becky 28
wilco 16
Phlebas 10
Advie 3
diego 1

There’s still nearly 2 weeks to go so plenty of time to catch up or take part!  Smile

Thank you for your nice comments LittleRose & glom - all participation is welcome i.e. if you don’t want to be competitive you can just present the few answers you know! Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s still just over a week to go to guess some of those dastardly pics! (or for some of you that have answered already maybe to find their game matches?)

SCORES SO FAR (excluding Bonus points):
DarkEye 92
Lady Kestrel 51
Karlok 48
Becky 30
Phlebas 28
wilco 16
Advie 3
glom 2
diego 1

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

As promised here are some hints but for the un-guessed games only:

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SCORES (excluding Bonus points):
DarkEye 99
eddyc 75
Phlebas 58
Lady Kestrel 51
Karlok 48
Becky 30
wilco 16
Advie 3
glom 2
diego 1

There’s just under 3 days to go & the competition for the top places is hotting-up! DarkEye has amazingly guessed all but 4 pics so can anyone else beat that!
Also will the addition of Bonus points make a difference to who the runners-up are as the overall upper scores are closer than you may think!

There’s still plenty of time to join in with your guesses if you want to take part!  Smile

NB There are still 3 unidentified pics: 23, 62 & 72 & the only hint I’m going to give is that none of them have a match!    Smile

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

chrissie - 20 December 2016 12:37 PM

DarkEye has amazingly guessed all but 4 pics so can anyone else beat that!

I can think of at least one person capable to do so. But I’ve heard he is on rehabilitation from a very dangerous disease. (Screenshot hosting sites abuse)
I think we might even become roommates at some point)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s just under 2 hours to get in any last minute answers/guesses. Just 2 un-guessed pics: 62 & 72!  Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Now that the quiz has ended you can find the answers in the 1st post following the pics!

And here are the results:

Wow! What an amazing score DarkEye, so congratulations to you on your runaway win (only missing 3 pics & 1 short of the full 60 pts Bonus) & also to eddyc & Phlebas for impressive scores!

THANKS to ALL who took part in the quiz as it was a lot of fun to put together!  Smile

NB I apologise if I’ve made any mistakes in the scoring - please let me know as it’s easily fixed! Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Congrats to DarkEye, eddyc, Phlebas, Lady Kestrel and Karlok!

And thanks so much to chrissie—this quiz was extremely entertaining. I particularly enjoyed the matching twist.  Yum

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Without a shadow of a doubt this was the most entertaining quiz ever, chrissie! Thumbs Up
Making only a certain amount of screenshots as pairs was really brilliant idea.
All quizmasters should use that on some of the future quizzes. (of course only is this idea is not trademarked, chrissie. )
I would never have thought there is so many movie/cinema related scenes in AGs!
#62 was a Carol Reed? I would never get that one. It looks like more Rhem remastered…:P
Congrats to eddyc and Phlebas for 100+ overall! Thumbs Up
PS. Beautiful results presentation, chrissie!

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, very good quiz, Chrissie! I agree with Dark-I that the pairs/non-pairs added to the fun. Here’s my walk of shame.

- Discworld 2. Bad, bad Karlok.
- Stupid Invaders. A game I enjoyed a lot. I still don’t recognize the pic, but I did think of SI at some point and never checked. Why? Don’t know.
- Faust. That nagging feeling of not being able to place the lions you know you’ve seen before.
- Worst of all: Ether One. I got the projector right, missed its pair. I’ve played the game and I know one of the locations is called Pinwheel Harbour.  Shifty Eyed

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Congrats on your massive win, DarkEye, and to Eddyc and Phlebas for your very savvy scores!  This was an excellent quiz, Chrissie, but I spent way too much time looking at YouTube videos to find screenshots. Crazy (I watched Gadget all the way through, thinking that there had to be two screenshots instead of the one, and it is one slow-moving game.)  I’m also kicking myself for forgetting to submit #91 (Hard Evidence), which I found fairly early, and for not guessing my hunches for #1 (Discworld 2) and #100 (LSL 3).  Still, I had a terrific time playing.  Thanks for all your work putting it together, Chrissie! Thumbs Up

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 136

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Thank you Chrissie for this amazing quiz, if you had not mentioned that there were double screenshots from the same game then i would surely miss a few answers.
Congratulations to Darkeye for his smashing victory.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I enjoyed watching this so much. Thanks for the entertainment Chrissie!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks for quiz, nice winners picture

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top