• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #19 - Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

cluelass - 16 November 2016 04:12 PM

While we’re on the subject of taxis, I’m wondering if the name of the taxi company is some kind of in joke?? Or is it Serbian? (Mad Head Games is in Serbia.) Anybody know?

Well, I looked at the game’s credits and didn’t see anything that would give a clue. I also tried googling “ZZAO Taxi.” This is what Google coughed up:

Did you mean:

zoo taxi
ciao taxi
cao taxi
pizza taxi

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got to the 2nd stopping point - I had actually got to the 1st on time but didn’t have time to post!
I’d forgotten how much I loved the ambience of the game, the music, mood etc & found the puzzles interesting - yes, I really liked that HO screen too cluelass but especially liked the slide-show story boards with the misplaced objects!

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve arrived at the designated point. Funny. I thought I had gone too far, but, in reality, I hadn’t gone far enough. Pan

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

chrissie - 18 November 2016 09:58 AM

yes, I really liked that HO screen too cluelass but especially liked the slide-show story boards with the misplaced objects!

I think Mad Head does the misplaced objects for backstory in other series, like Rite of Passage, but Cadenza has more artistic flair. I was thinking how ridiculous it was to have projectors everywhere, but then I realized —  I have one on my desk right now (I am scanning some old slides). Everybody used to have one of these gizmos to preview the vacation slides. You push down on the top of the slide, and it turns on the backlight as long as you keep pushing down. It usually does not show misplaced objects however.  Wink

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve reached the latest stopping point. Visually I really liked the HO screen cluelass mentioned because it’s so abstract and different. And the spiral shell object was perfectly hidden.But as for the actual procedure, I prefer HO screens that have more interaction (especially if the interaction doesn’t involve a lot of pixel hunting for hotspots). And if the screen can advance the plot a bit too, or tell me something about the characters, so much the better.

Hard to please, aren’t I?

I also liked the point where you hesitate, telling yourself that you shouldn’t always rummage through the contents of other people’s drawers. As if! Who do you think you are, anyway? Miss Manners?

I’m intrigued by the story so far. It was eerie stepping into that apartment where the mystery man had prepared for Frankie’s return. Also, I’m curious as to why the protection amulet doesn’t seem to work yet.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Some things I liked in this section:

We are slowly getting clues to what’s going on. Both the part where you match the character to the detective’s notes, and the part where you have to figure out what apartment to go to were really fun — I felt like a real detective!

Aunt Adele was not skinny, she was nicely upholstered then and now. She stood out as really well drawn and an interesting character, as well as a good voiceover (Tim, feel free to comment).

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

cluelass - 18 November 2016 07:44 PM

Some things I liked in this section:
We are slowly getting clues to what’s going on. Both the part where you match the character to the detective’s notes

I think this part is past where you told us to stop.

Of all the characters Adele’s voice is most typical of an African-American-Creole voice I expect to hear in NOLA. The music is definitely not. And, while I love it, it is Duke Ellington big band, not NOLA jazz.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Apologies for getting ahead of myself in my comments. Pan 

So Aunt Adele hired a detective to find out who is stalking the Jazz Peppers. It would be nice to talk to him, but — oops — he is standing there mesmerized. Maybe we can find out what he knows some other way. This section will probably take over an hour, as you will visit several new locations, do a little light housekeeping, climb a tree, and find a particularly silly adventure-game solution to a simple problem. I confess I consulted the strategy guide/walkthrough a couple of times, and did a fair amount of wandering around Magnolia Square. Anyway, you will finally arrive at what must surely be the most ostentatious tomb in New Orleans (check out the sax on the roof!). Stop there, so we can all go in together. You wouldn’t want to visit this tomb alone, would you?

I’m going to wait until Monday unless everybody checks in before then.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Hey, I like that tomb! What do I have to do to earn a tomb like that?  Grin

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m not using a walkthru, but that doesn’t mean I won’t use the Skip button. I’ve probably played this game four times, and I have yet to solve the angel puzzle. It’s probably done in five or six moves, but I’ve never Had that “Aha!” moment where you visualize the solution.

What do I have to do to earn a tomb like that?

Well, first of all you have to die. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

That’s all?

Maybe I’ll also have to do what the character did who made it into that ultra-tomb. Haven’t learned everything about him yet, though. Clearly I should take saxophone lessons for starters. Cool

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 19 November 2016 04:01 PM

Clearly I should take saxophone lessons for starters. Cool

I’ve got guitar. So all we need is keyboards, percussion and bass and we can form a band. “Peppers”, whether it be Dixie or Red Hot Chili, is already taken, so we’ll need to come up with another name.  Naughty

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

rtrooney - 19 November 2016 07:16 PM
Becky - 19 November 2016 04:01 PM

Clearly I should take saxophone lessons for starters. Cool

I’ve got guitar. So all we need is keyboards, percussion and bass and we can form a band. “Peppers”, whether it be Dixie or Red Hot Chili, is already taken, so we’ll need to come up with another name.  Naughty

Red Hot Rutabagas? Jazz Parsnips?  Crazy

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

CPT Deluxe Five Piece Band.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m caught up now.  Since it’s now past 2:30 AM Sunday, I think my band has to be called the Lukewarm Bed Potatoes.  Goodnight, all!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top