• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Candle

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Started playing this one, published by Daedalic, it’s very good so far. It’s like Machinarium with some platforming. THe platforming bits are very easy but the puzzles get very challenging even early on. Great animation and art style.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

have you finished Y:Origins Wilco ? Laughing

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 13 November 2016 07:26 AM

No, but since I backed this one i started it yesterday to check it out and ended up playing it for 3h…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 13 November 2016 07:36 AM
Advie - 13 November 2016 07:26 AM

No, but since I backed this one i started it yesterday to check it out and ended up playing it for 3h…

Thumbs Up
seems like daedlic are going to be busy ‘publishing’ lots of ags for the next coming while.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I should have backed this. I don`t know why I didn`t, but I`ll buy it now for sure. Looks great!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I missed it too, but I have already bought it. Everything is controlled by keyboard, though. But looks great, it doesn’t seem a Spanish game lol

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Art style looks good. Wishlisted it on gog.com

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

walas1974 - 13 November 2016 12:08 PM

I missed it too, but I have already bought it. Everything is controlled by keyboard, though. But looks great, it doesn’t seem a Spanish game lol

Why, because it’s good? Wink

This actually looks like it could be decent. Daedelic games tend to suffer from endless chatter so the no-dialogue concept appeals to me. And the higher difficulty level.

Does the game have “levels” (like Goblins) or is it continuous?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 14 November 2016 01:49 AM

Does the game have “levels” (like Goblins) or is it continuous?

It’s divided in acts, 3 I think, each act has plenty of screens to explore and going back and forth.
I’m on Act 3 now

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Very nice game so far. I’m on Act 2 and loving the atmosphere with the rain.

I’m sure I’ve heard the narrator’s voice before. Has he done other games?

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Oscar - 15 November 2016 07:51 AM

I’m sure I’ve heard the narrator’s voice before. Has he done other games?

It’s Terry Wilton, who narrated the Trine games among other things.

I backed Candle but it may be a while before I find time to play it - it looks promising though! Probably worth noting that although Daedalic are publishing the game they didn’t actually make it, so it likely won’t have much in common with their own games.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar (or anyone) have you finished Act 2?
I had to see a video walkthrough for the order to milk the tree. I did it but I don’t know where the answer was…

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I haven’t tried the milking yet because I haven’t come across any clues for it yet. I’m yet to get across the water jets yet but that seems to be impossible right now so I wonder if I’ve missed something, which is likely.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The 3 timed water jets in the cave?. That part was very frustrating but you don’t need anything.
(and a bit more spoilery) Just remember you can hang

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I was thinking about whether I could hold on to the ledge last night in bed, and was happy to find that was the answer. For the milking I somehow got it by trial and error. Not sure if I would have solved that one on my own because I still haven’t found any clues for it.

My next task is to bring fire to the blacksmith. But not sure how to do that through the rain. Actually, first I’m pretty sure I need to dress up the branch to fool the guards but I need a blue thing for clothing.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Argh, wilco are you there? I’ve brought the blue flame to the blacksmith but when I ask about the lever Teku just shrugs! Weird…

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. That was a good chapter. Tough at times, but good.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top