• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Hey guys,

Ive been meaning to start a new thread in the new forums for a while-so here we go. Wink

For those that dont know what STASIS is…

“Daddy, please help us…”

Disoriented, drowsy and in pain, John Maracheck opens his eyes. There is nothing to greet him but the static of a nearby monitor and a cold steel floor. Thick, green liquid covers the floor and then his body, leading to trail to a nearby, steaming stasis-pod. He slowly gets to his feet, trying to take in his surroundings. Where is his wife? His daughter? What the hell is going on…?
Stasis is an adventure game that puts you in control of John Maracheck, a man searching for his family in a seemingly abandoned research facility. Going back to classic adventure game mechanics, you are required to solve puzzles and use objects around you to progress and to find Maracheck’s family.
Graphically, Stasis is fairly unique in the adventure game genre, opting for highly detailed isometric graphics, as opposed to the more classic ‘side on’ views of other adventure games. Richly detailed rooms and fluid animations create an immersive environment for the player to explore, with danger lurking in every shadow.
The stasis-plug suit gives you direct access to an Emergency Medical Kit. This is a piece of equipment that has the ability to break down any object of a certain weight and size into its base elements and store it for future use. While normally used to store small medical supplies, Maracheck uses it as an easy way to keep and transport object he has found. Objects can be stored, accessed, combined and brought back into the ‘real’ world at any moment.
At its core, Stasis is a story about an ordinary man in an extraordinary situation.
Trapped in a place where humanity’s horrors come out to play, how far would you go to protect your family?

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Heres a new screenshot I put on the blog the other day.

-Chris

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I like the use of lighting, very atmospheric. Looks like one to play in complete darkness with the sound turned up.

Quick question - how does the cursor work? Do you click on a spot and then move the mouse to one of the “move…scan..etc” options or is the keyboard involved?

Thanks

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Its a context sensitive cursor. Essentially, when you move it to a place where you can walk, the cursor changes to ‘MOVE’. When you move the cursor over an object you can look at, the cursor changes to ‘SCAN/LOOK’. Its all operated with a LEFT CLICK, with the exception of when there is an object you can interact with, when a LEFT CLICK will scan it, and give you a description, and a RIGHT CLICK will let you interact with it.

Its a pretty easy interface to get used to. I’ve tried to keep the interface in the game as completely ‘invisible’ as possible, to allow for more immersion. Well, that’s the theory at least! Thats also the reason behind the INVENTORY folding away, and opening without a click, but just moving your mouse over the bottom left part of the screen.

The ‘pie cursor’ may be replaced with a pointy cursor…its a point of contention between some of my testers and me. Grin I will more than likely end up with a hybrid of ‘pie’ cursor, and pointy cursor, but the way it works will remain unchanged.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Welcome back Pyke, so glad to see you put a new thread up. I’ve been following your progress and can’t exclaim enough how excited I am! Looks fantastic!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I love the way the environment looks. Reminds me of the 90’s in a great way :-)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 20 September 2012 11:27 AM

I like the use of lighting, very atmospheric. Looks like one to play in complete darkness with the sound turned up headphones on.

FYP.

Glad to see the thread reborn here. This is one of the titles I’m most anticipating… Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yay it’s back! Not that I ever read the earlier thread too intensively, I decided a long ago I’m interested and I don’t want to be spoiled too much. Just checking the status now and then.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

one of the tops in my hypo-meter. I’ve been dying for a sci-fi with an atmosphere like this.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I think STASIS is that type of game that could make a big splash on Steam Greenlight.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I wouldn’t doubt STATIS will be ushered in on Steam. It’s gotten enough hype, and a couple of friends over at valve are really looking forward to the game.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Looks very exciting. I’m impressed by how professional it looks to be. Will definitely be on my ‘to watch’ list!

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2010-06-18

PM

TakeMyMoney.jpg

SO Looking forward to this!

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Monolith - 28 September 2012 01:33 PM

I wouldn’t doubt STATIS will be ushered in on Steam. It’s gotten enough hype, and a couple of friends over at valve are really looking forward to the game.

Thats very cool. Tell them Chris says hi. Grin

Yeah-I think that STASIS would do well on Green light. Right now I’m just focusing on getting out the best game possible-the portals and such are far down my list of ‘shit to worry about!’.

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys-it keeps me going!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Are you doing all of this solo? If so mad probs, that’s insane! :-D

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Yep-Entirely on my lonesome. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top