• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What is the next old school graphics style Adventure game that you would like to be made? 

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

There have been a lot of great old school graphics 3rd person Adventure games released lately, for instance Resonance, Blackwell, Al Emmo, Gemini Rue, and there are a lot of interesting upcoming games as well.

I would like to see a game in a film noir setting/detective story in a 1930’s environment . Would be awesome to see that environment with pixelated graphics, and with a jazzy theme. Maybe have it in black and white as well. Smile

What is the next old school graphics Adventure game that you would like to be made? Any cool ideas?

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Something pure fantasy, but nothing too dark. And keep it simple. I miss the innocent, hero-based fantasy with magic and wizards. Maybe throw some comedy in there Zork-style but nothing too silly like the recent Simon the Sorcerers. Recently it seems like dark settings and horror games have taken over, and I don’t mind that but a change would be nice.

In the end though, it doesn’t matter what the setting is but how well it is made.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You don’t have to look further than AGS games. There’s a lot of it that looks promising, like Heroine’s Quest which resembles Legend of Kyrandia or Fester Mudd

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Oscar, check this one out as well. Looks really sweet. http://www.himalayastudios.com/games/mages/#about-the-game

Also this one, but you probably already know about it: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992695780/quest-for-infamy-an-adventure-game-by-infamous-que

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Niclas - 20 September 2012 06:05 AM

I would like to see a game in a film noir setting/detective story in a 1930’s environment . Would be awesome to see that environment with pixelated graphics, and with a jazzy theme. Maybe have it in black and white as well. Smile

There you go… Noir: A Shadowy Thriller meets all your requirements. Black-and-white, noir setting/detective story, San Francisco, late ‘30s, jazzy music. Oh wait, sorry… it’s not pixelated.

Naughty

There’s no shortage of games with the ugly pixelated retro look. Not for me, thanks.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

For a black and white, pixellated, Noir style game what not try the McCarthy Chronicles.

Made with AGS, it is a short game but fully voice acted and with pretty high production values (in AGS terms at least!). Also it is free. Laughing

Find it here.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Niclas, just maybe you would be interested about Contrast too:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92921128&searchtext;=

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

wow, thanks guys. there are def some interesting noir games that I have missed. i will def look them up. thanks

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Oh, I also enjoyed Emerald City Confidential a lot - noir mixed with fantasy.

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Intense Degree - 20 September 2012 07:43 AM

For a black and white, pixellated, Noir style game what not try the McCarthy Chronicles. Made with AGS, it is a short game but fully voice acted and with pretty high production values (in AGS terms at least!). Also it is free. Laughing

You lost me with “Episode One”. I’m not into episodic games. My interest is picqued, but I always wonder whether the people will be around to finish the job.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

rtrooney - 20 September 2012 08:37 PM

You lost me with “Episode One”. I’m not into episodic games. My interest is picqued, but I always wonder whether the people will be around to finish the job.

Live dangerously!

Tongue

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

FMV, which is why Project Fedora excites me (among other reasons).

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

rtrooney - 20 September 2012 08:37 PM
Intense Degree - 20 September 2012 07:43 AM

For a black and white, pixellated, Noir style game what not try the McCarthy Chronicles. Made with AGS, it is a short game but fully voice acted and with pretty high production values (in AGS terms at least!). Also it is free. Laughing

Well, it is true that there has been no episode 2 as yet (and quite possibly there never will be as we are 3 years on from the original release) however, the game stands alone in its own right, so no indefinite wait for a cliffhanger to be resolved!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top