• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Criminal adventure game protagonists

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Just for fun, when I was playing Secret Files 3 I listed all of the illegal acts Nina is responsible for throughout the course of the game (possible spoilers):

Theft
Breaking and entering
Framing a shopkeeper
Misleading a police officer
Disobeying a police officer
Theft
Sabotaging public property
Sabotaging private property
Cruelty to an animal
Theft
Poisoning two guards
Jailbreaking
Public nuisance (busking after permissible hours)
Stalking
Theft
Speeding & Reckless driving
Hacking
Accessing classified documents
Blasphemy (destroying religious artifacts)
Murder

...did I mention Theft? And I’m sure I missed many more. I think it’s safe to say this is one naughty girl. And the strangest thing is she doesn’t seem to feel bad about any of it. Well, as long as it’s for a good cause, torturing a cat isn’t so bad Grin

Who’s your worst adventure game criminal?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Worst as in commits the most crimes, or worst as in most incompetent in being a criminal?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Both, or either. Up to you!

Admittedly, Nina is pretty competent as a criminal. Possibly due to her looks and rather bimbo-ish way of talking that no one suspects her of anything, and she comes up with such outlandish solutions to her problems.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-05-20

PM

Spoilers about Dracula: Origin ahead!

I remember thinking the protagonist in this game acted like a complete psychopath. Nabbed valuable artifacts to the left and right in a museum because they ‘could prove useful’; spontaneously set a monk (who could have simply suffered from some disability, for all we know!) on fire because he moved and sounded a little oddly; staked his old good friend through the heart on a hunch without bothering to wake him up and hear him out first… He was hilarious. Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This makes me think back to the All adventurers are cons & thieves-thread in the old forums. Tongue

Guybrush Threepwood is a major criminal bully as well, constantly stealing things, cheating, taking a guy with poor vision’s glasses, sawing off half of a sleeping pirate’s wooden leg, etc. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

The absolutely worst example for me is Nibiru. That player character has no claim whatsoever on what it is he’s trying to obtain during the whole game (forgot what it was). And the people who rightfully claimed it, at least with better claims than the player, were portrayed as the bad guys.

And then I’m not even talking about (very slight spoiler) a rat and dynamite…

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Grand Theft Auto gets controversy for all the things you can do, but adventure games DON’T?! Gasp Tongue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Simon for being Damn Rude, Cocky, Lier ,Sassy, flippant, Ignorant ,insolent and Way disrespectful. Smile

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

^ That. Other characters that could be added to the list is Sam from Gray Matter for Thievery, Burglery, Copying Identity, Possible cause of harm to various students, Vandalising (destroying precious paintings from a university hall, hatching a stolen dinosaur egg from the museum), etc and Sadwick from TWW for being a world destroyer.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Sam & Max aren’t exactly paragons of virtue, despite the “police” in their self-appointed title.

Especially Max. Though a lot of the most horrible things Max supposedly does don’t happen “on camera”, but are simply referred to for humorous effect. Grin

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2007-02-25

PM

Based on my recent plays I go with Sam from Gray Matter and Rufus from Deponia. Then of course Max from all the Sam and Max games. Gabriel Knight was quite the criminal too.

Currently Playing: Chicory: A Colorful Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top