• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hero-U, from the developers of Quest for Glory

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Just got this RSS update:

http://www.hero-u.net/leaders/kickstart-is-almost-live/

They’ve included a “preview” of the kickstarter page, but it’s not actually open yet.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1878147873/1154477367?token=e777beb1

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Cool beans, Andrew Goulding is helping them out. I saw him talk about Jolly Rover at the Freeplay Festival in Melbourne this year, he must feel ecstatic to be working with THE Corey and Lori Cole.

What do you think about the pitch? Some of the character drawings are a bit naff, but the background art and soundtrack is solid.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-07-06

PM

Let’s do this!

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

I really dislike that top-down 2D style, I think it’s okay for some mobile game, but not for a major PC game. Those top-down 2D graphics look very simple and cheap indie-mobilegame-ish. I’m going to pledge for this, but without Lori & Corey Cole I wouldn’t even consider supporting this kind of game. Some kind of usual RPG isometric perspective would have been good, like the drawn sketches in the Kickstarter page (they look very nice actually).

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

must say, i do wish they opted for more days than 30. But i think their presentation looks good. But im also ready for a barrage of critics over the genre vagueness and odd-ness.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I can agree with Teme. Feels more like a JRPG mixed with Roguelike trying to be like Diablo 3 in atmosphere. I don’t know, it doesn’t have its charm in gameplay like I’d come to expect from QfG creators. I could be wrong though. Maybe its the fact that JRPG style visuals are overdone like no other and people rarely show interest for them over WRPG’s.

zane - 19 October 2012 01:11 PM

must say, i do wish they opted for more days than 30. But i think their presentation looks good. But im also ready for a barrage of critics over the genre vagueness and odd-ness.

Well you’re in luck. They have 31 days!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

The isometric visual style is just necessity because it let’s us create far more game with an indie art budget (we can create a much larger world with less individual art assets).  It should should be hand-drawn Bastion-like art style in the final game. 

Anyway, the Kickstarter is now live - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1878147873/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption.

Please support us if you’d like to see the game made, and tell anyone you think might appreciate this type of game.  Thanks everyone!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Not what I had hoped for, but to the creators of a masterpiece such as Quest for Glory V I wish all the luck in the world!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Any press coverage on the way? Some good places to have publicity:

IGN
PC Gamer
Eurogamer
Rock, Paper, Shotgun
GameSpot
Ars Technica
The Verge

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

inm8 will probably hate me again, but this one really isn’t grabbing me. The art design especially is not very appealing nor am I as interested in a top-down RPG as an adventure game. I love Corey and Lori and wish them the best, though.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Nice passive aggressive jab. Smile

When have I hated you? Correcting your past misinformation =/= hate.

You are more than welcome to make your own decisions on what you back and what you don’t back.

I’m intrigued by the project but maybe not necessarily totally blown away. I imagine more details will be revealed in updates to come. It’s only been up for maybe an hour.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

inm8#2 - 19 October 2012 04:03 PM

Any press coverage on the way? Some good places to have publicity:

Adventure Gamers
IGN
PC Gamer
Eurogamer
Rock, Paper, Shotgun
GameSpot
Ars Technica
The Verge

Fixed.  Grin

We’ll have something up soon, although I’ll admit that I’ve yet to be contacted by anyone associated with the project.  To save myself some time: Hey, Hero-U folks, give me a shout!  Wink  (jackal[at]adventuregamers.com)

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Corey will reach out to you, Jackal, as soon as he gets a chance.  Thanks!

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Hehe sorry Jackal, AG coverage was a given!

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

inm8#2 - 19 October 2012 04:10 PM

When have I hated you? Correcting your past misinformation =/= hate.

IIRC, you had gone after me and others a few times for what you called “negativity” (e.g. criticizing the Two Guys’ pitch video), rather than “misinformation.” At least that’s what I was referencing.

I also wasn’t being passive aggressive as much as trying to cut off a conflict before it happens. No worries.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top