• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Seeking Detective Games

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I don’t know how you’ll get on Tim but I thought I’d have a go at installing (Windows 8.1) and this was the error message I got when trying to run after (apparently) successfully installing the game:

Ran in XP compatibility mode and game runs and plays all the video sequences (enhanced anti-aliasing would be useful) plus sound but when it drops into game mode in Jim’s office I get:

No idea what SetEntries is at the moment but I’ll have a scout round.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I Googled “SetEntries Generic Failure” and didn’t come up with much. There was one entry that talked about GOG games. BD isn’t offered on GOG, but it did talk about manually resetting the compatibility configuration which got a game to work, and not display the error messages you reported.

Perhaps doing a search on the game, rather than the error message, might pull up something that tells how to make BD playable on new machines.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The only article I could find on running Black Dahlia on modern machines was this one.

Well, there was one other that said DOSbox was a necessity, but then failed to give the appropriate settings to make it work.

I would seem that unless GOG does the work for us, setting BD up to run on a modern machine is more trouble than it’s worth.  Meh

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

You can also try take 2 earlier fmv title - Ripper. Think it can be played in dosbox although you require some patches which you can find on the web.

There’s always the Tex Murphy games. The latest being the tesla effect.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-09-11

PM

Hey, you might want to check this one out. We would appreciate any kind of support.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/586242327/nosebound

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-07-09

PM

Concerning the Nintendo DS, an (unofficial) english patch for Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files is available since a few months. The scenarist of this game from 2009 is Kodaka Kazutaka (he wrote later the famous Danganronpa series). If you like locked room puzzles/ impossible crimes, don’t miss this one. It is very long (I haven’t finished playing yet, after 15 hours of gameplay) and the mysteries are mostly interesting (especially the ones solved by Kindaichi).

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

QuarantineStudio - 22 September 2015 12:49 PM

Hey, you might want to check this one out. We would appreciate any kind of support.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/586242327/nosebound

I like this. But, and you know there would be one, is the juxtaposition of the words Kickstarter and chapters/episodes. That’s a concept I’ve never been comfortable with.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top