• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Back From Hell - An upcoming CRPG Puzzle Adventure by Photoplay Games coming to Kickstarter 1st November 2016

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-08-31

PM

Link to Back From Hell trailer

Hello fellow Adventuregamers, I’ve been working on a game for some time now and I would like to share it with you all, at its heart it is an RPG but one that is heavily based around story and puzzles. No quest markers, good old adventuring and exploration.

Description

Back From Hell is an upcoming CRPG puzzle/adventure game set in two worlds: a 15th Century Spanish hilltop town and a journey to the depths of Hell and back again. The player in this photo-realistic 2.5D game will fight for the injustice his family has suffered, battling his way in the underworld, and taking decisions which could possibly lead to devastating consequences.

In both worlds you will encounter a unique cast of fully voiced characters that bring the world of Back From Hell to life, all interactions and your subsequent decisions will have weight and impact. Conversations will be critical to solving many multiple first and third person puzzles and present the player with many difficult ethical choices as the game evolves. Back From Hell will also have a complex action RPG combat system, with multiple weapons and magical abilities to help you dispatch a wide array of enemies.

Like Sierra’s classic Quest for Glory series, Back From Hell merges classic computer role playing game mechanics with point and click adventure style puzzles and exploration. You’ll face challenging environmental puzzles in the vein of MYST. Like Planescape: Torment and Age of Decadence the player interacts with NPCs in complex branching dialogue trees where every choice has consequences. Many quests and puzzles have multiple solutions which may affect the characters and game world and ultimately determine the player character’s fate.

Features

Dialogue driven story that is full of complex characters, branching paths, unique locations, tough moral choices and multiple conclusions.

A myriad of expansive environments to adventure in, explore and investigate

Based both in the realms of the living and the dark depths of the afterlife

First and third person elaborate puzzles that are both visually appealing and mentally taxing.

Stat based combat system with multiple attacks, weapons and magic with a varied cast of enemies.

Conflict resolution for the character - combat is not always the solution.

Resource management, with a vast number of items to boost you in battle and objects to assist you along your journey.

A highly detailed hand crafted art style reminiscent of classic adventure games.
Full controller and keyboard support.

Follow the project here

http://www.backfromhellgame.com/
or
https://twitter.com/photoplaygames
or
https://www.facebook.com/backfromhellgame/

Thanks for taking a look

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That title image would make one awesome metal album cover. Tongue

Looks good. We could use another good RPG/adventure hybrid.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2016-08-31

PM

Thank you, I’ve been planning this game in my head for a very long time. It felt like time to get the ball rolling this year. You noticed I’m a guitarist then Grin Though 70’s heavy rock is more my thing. From a marketing standpoint it makes more sense to put the RPG first but let me assure you there is an equal amount of adventuring going on Wink

Joined 2016-08-31

PM

I have received some feedback about the speed the player moves, I have made some tweaks and included running in the trailer. (link above redirected)

Probably still a little slow but in the grand scheme of things a pretty easy fix, (just time consuming) I need to re-shoot the player and re-edit the animation and with Kickstarter rapidly approaching I just don’t have time at the moment, but I assure you It will be fixed in the future.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Thanks for the info Photoplaygames. I will definitely check your campaign when you launch on november!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2016-08-31

PM

Thank you Ahenobarbus. There have been a few moments during production where I have doubted myself, attempting to revisit a long dead art style. Wondering if others would be as excited as I am to see digitized sprites once again and wondering if it would be possible to create a game with a look similar to Darkseed with much less restriction of movement.

Joined 2016-08-31

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top