• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelluckyloserTheTMD

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Problem with ads

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Having problems with the site, extremely slow and buggy,
I think it’s one of the new ads probably

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I haven’t noticed any problems, wilco, so maybe a little more information would help. Is it happening all the time? Every page? What ads are playing at the time?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sorry for the lack of info, I was in a rush
It’s ad that doesn’t show up, just a black bar. The site seems to be constantly refreshing or something and slows down a lot. I use Chrome.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Okay, will pass that along to the tech guru(s) who’d know about such things.

Incidentally, I appreciate that you put up with the ads on AG. It’d be easy to just block them out, but every little bit helps for us.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Jackal - 04 October 2016 01:26 PM

Okay, will pass that along to the tech guru(s) who’d know about such things.

Incidentally, I appreciate that you put up with the ads on AG. It’d be easy to just block them out, but every little bit helps for us.

Why wouldn’t someone put up with them? It’s just banners and skyscrapers, no pop-ups right?

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Because they don’t want to look at banners and skyscrapers. And not without reason. They eat up dataplans, can conflict with the natural aesthetic, etc.

Anyway, issue is being looked into, wilco.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Do you still encounter issues Wilco? I currently don’t see any ‘real’ problems with the Ad partner, beyond the fact that they are… well.. Ads :-)

In an ideal world we don’t need any advertising, but unfortunately we’re not there yet. Please report any problematic ones you see as we certainly don’t want to get any hindrance from them..

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It seems to be working better now, at least it doesn’t slow down.
Now the ads show up like this

Or this

Yesterday and today morning it just showed up a black box:

And started the site started going really slow with constant refresh

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I have the same refreshing problem at the home page. Not at the forums though.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Thanks for the additional insights, looking into this. Which browser do you use?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

CaliMonk - 05 October 2016 04:55 AM

Thanks for the additional insights, looking into this. Which browser do you use?

I use Chrome.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I also use Chrome. Also seems to still been happening sometimes.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Still working on figuring this out. (I also use Chrome). It shouldn’t take the space it does on those screenshots, if the actual ‘ad’ isn’t that big. Do you still get the slow loading as well at times? Would be great if you could share if it’s a specific banner you see at that point (that helps me tackle this with the partners).

Additionally, if when that happens you could open ‘console’ (View, Developer, JavaScript console) and share if you see any error message there, that would be great!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

When the ad displays correctly it doesn’t have a problem.
The refresh problems usually happen when it doesn’t show up or until the small image shows up unadjusted

When it’s constantly refreshing this cycle shoes up in the console:

[cycle] terminating; zero elements found by selector
VM13785:1 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: “http://delivery.e.switchadhub.com/adserver/info.php?action=STORE&info=LOTM:”.__switch_obj.createFriendlyIframe @ VM13785:1__switch_obj.renderFriendly @ VM13785:1(anonymous function) @ sombrero.php?instance_id=0&zone_id=5600&token=T_uf1u4v2jl9ctq3naoon236u2eo2&slb=1&load_id=2lol1k8j1…:1
VM14055:1 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: “http://delivery.e.switchadhub.com/adserver/info.php?action=STORE&info=LOTM:”.__switch_obj.createFriendlyIframe @ VM14055:1__switch_obj.renderFriendly @ VM14055:1(anonymous function) @ sombrero.php?instance_id=0&zone_id=5600&token=T_2pe9qru3g9gtkq2dg6l7h3utls6j&slb=1&load_id=3mllha72…:1
VM14095:1 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: “http://delivery.e.switchadhub.com/adserver/info.php?action=STORE&info=LOTM:”.__switch_obj.createFriendlyIframe @ VM14095:1__switch_obj.renderFriendly @ VM14095:1(anonymous function) @ sombrero.php?instance_id=0&zone_id=5600&token=T_2qi91i4moa3h4a3osa036cfjnp&slb=1&load_id=l3n23o2bct…:1
VM14137:1 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: “http://delivery.e.switchadhub.com/adserver/info.php?action=STORE&info=LOTM:”.__switch_obj.createFriendlyIframe @ VM14137:1__switch_obj.renderFriendly @ VM14137:1(anonymous function) @ sombrero.php?instance_id=0&zone_id=4401&token=T_38j5uqs3juefeq2c0tq7t2mtujuh&slb=1&load_id=3ti38nut…:1
VM14155:1 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: “http://delivery.e.switchadhub.com/adserver/info.php?action=STORE&info=LOTM:”.

And so on

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hi Wilco,

Can you let me know if you still encounter problems? We’ve looked into it and it seemed to be coming from a campaign that shouldn’t have been served, this should be gone now (?). Additionally, I’ve made some changes to the site code that would stop the empty space from occurring when there isn’t an ad there.

Ivo

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

All good. Refreshing issues seem to have disappeared along with the slowdows. Thanks

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top