• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Last Guardian + Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished it last night.  Emotional ride! Another amazing Ueda experience. (10/10)
Trico is the big revolution here, that lovable beast, unlike anything I’ve seen before…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 December 2016 04:28 AM
wilco - 06 December 2016 05:25 PM

Meanwhile my copy has not arrived, no stores have the game today, only tomorrow. Frown
Close to pull the trigger on digital but I want a physical copy…

Take your time, soak in and cry
I remembered all my dead cats
I took every spear out
I was taking care of Toriko more than small boy
I had more feelings for Toriko

So until you finish , here are my spoiler filled impressions

Mind was blown at small tunnel scene , amazing animations, claustrophobic grave type feeling worst place to die, i was like fk u ueda, not like this, then it all collapsed, then you run away and get ambushed like DemonsSouls Wink
Amazing scenarios like this, fighting with other creature dropping down and feeding with soul crushing music

How you come back to old places then take new routes , classic Ico, where you see one place in few hrs then see same hours later from other place

Lizard colossus Arena/Colosseum type place, where Trico throws you up have small lizards

Sotc i wanted was flying colossi so Trico flying and ending enemy flight with control, Ueda delivered

last quarter was genius, from falling from main tower to going back with wings, shield puzzles and final sections in alien monolith esp that tail puzzles in the end, Tail was key in the last quarter, genius

Ending separation scene was too painful, too much

Whole brids as monsters eating and how it turned 180 for Trico and how it was revealed that those boxes were actual Boys in barrels, so we were feeding boys all along, facepalm

The intro animals look alot like colossi, basically all Sotc were animals like Trico shown in intro just with Armor shown in the game, armour(green/grey/black) that controls the mind body and hides inner flesh, also same round glowing eyes

All those moments… Game is full of emotional punches.

That scene where Trico is lying on the floor after battling the other one and you have to feed him directly in the mouth Cry
All those last minute grabs with the tail
The sunset at the end

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

You can unlock outfits by feeding more barrels in newgame+
Whats your take on Lastguardian ? Who is it?
My theory of timeline is , Sotc, kid was born with horns,power in animals with armours, dark power released into wanderer, he dies, respawns as kid with horns legends as demons or demon vessels> Ico , Throne is resurrected by Queen on same place where Ico castle was destroyed> Tlg , Yorda is somewhat linked to circular black goo blob or atleast its same cursed land now sealed of with circular walls, but now that its sealed Black goo alien or demon uses aerial beasts as tools, his armour is a way to seal their body and mind, All colossi were animals shown in Tlg intro, covered with armour when you tap R1 in tlg , kid says same thing what wanderer says to his horse Aroh something

you are right on variety, setpieces and puzzles are hardly repeated
cage rolling, going underwater to guide Toriko, using his water wave to use lever, navigating in dark

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Did you see the trophy list, it’s a a big troll, some of them are ultra hard to get Smile “Finish the game without a gameover?”
Last Guardian might be the kid, no? Guardian of the disk that guided the catbirds to salvation? Or maybe it’s Trico, the one that was able to fight the control. He wasn’t the only one that survived at the end.That was nice but the scene where they were ganging up on him was brutal…
I’m not really seeing the connection to the other games, it looks a lot like the same world and some of the technology but don’t think there is anything like in SotC with the kid with horns at the end.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Installing The Last Guardian update now. Almost there.

Unfortunately I have a regular PS4 so might encounter some framerate hiccups.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 12 December 2016 11:14 AM

Do you want me to spoil the ending

Tongue

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 12 December 2016 11:27 AM
Origami - 12 December 2016 11:14 AM

Do you want me to spoil the ending

Tongue

That’s not even funny.

I am at the part where you see another Guardian for the first time
Initial impressions are good.
Camera can be annoying, controls less so. Game does feel dated with its design but don’t really care. Trico is really awesome. Curious to see what surprises await me tomorrow.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Camera was theonly thing that bothered me, specialy in restricted places. Controls were fine, I feel like the complaints about Trico were forgetting he was an animal and not a robot… part of what made him special.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 December 2016 06:10 PM

Camera was theonly thing that bothered me, specialy in restricted places. Controls were fine, I feel like the complaints about Trico were forgetting he was an animal and not a robot… part of what made him special.

Hey Ellie push that box for me…
Hey Chloe see whats on other side
Hey Elena , lets have generic suburban couple talk…
Hey Sully….

People are spoiled, i am glad the hints to solve puzzles were subtle
Imagine them using xray/instinct/eagle etc vision to highlight objects

Camera was too close i think comparing to last 2 games
Its hard to check scenery like before

btw wilco its like he has more idea about guardians than us

Origami - 12 December 2016 04:17 PM

I am at the part where you see another Guardian for the first time

Grin

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I just finished the puzzle where you put something inbetween the door. I hope the puzzles keep ramping up in difficulty. Beginning of the game was too easy. Having to take cover behind Trico when enemies attack is cool. As a player slowly understanding what the different commands mean and how to give them effectively gives a sense of development. I feel like the kid from the neverending story lol. Would be cool if developers truly made Trico more difficult in the beginning and later on more ‘domesticated’.

Soundtrack is pretty great. Unfortunately framerate can truly suffer from time to time. Too bad my fist playthrough hasn’t been on PS4 pro. You can’t win ‘em all I guess.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 13 December 2016 09:29 PM

Too bad my fist playthrough hasn’t been on PS4 pro. You can’t win ‘em all I guess.

Dont worry your kick playthrough will be fine

Wink

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Okay….I am at where you fall through the roof . I am completely invested at this point. Puzzles and outside platform sections are great. As Nomadsoul said before, this game doesn’t hold your hand and at times I am stuck for a minute or 2 trying different things to advance. I really missed that feeling as games truly have become too easy. It reminded me of playing A link to the past and Ocarina of Time as a 11 year old.

I don’t want to make myself too vulnerable by getting into the emotional evocation part of the game, only can say Ueda is a demon. Almost don’t want to continue playing.

I have mastered controls, camera becoming less of an issue.

I do find the game had a slow start and I know realize why:
because there is no sense of goal yet, no stakes and puzzles were easy leading to area advancement too quickly. The great thing is that the game redeems all these things without really using cutscene exposition, but rather just things becoming clear to you continue.

Off to play some more…

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

The Last Guardian, the game that keeps on giving.

I think I am nearing the end. Wanted to pull through the night to finish it, but didn’t want to force it and finish it in a tired state.

The level design is so great once you realize that you explore every corner of that huge tower complex that gets shown to you in the beginning.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 16 December 2016 11:08 PM

The Last Guardian, the game that keeps on giving.

I think I am nearing the end. Wanted to pull through the night to finish it, but didn’t want to force it and finish it in a tired state.

The level design is so great once you realize that you explore every corner of that huge tower complex that gets shown to you in the beginning.

Get ready to shed man tears

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top