• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Suggest a freeware!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-04-28

PM

Chrissie,

I do genuinely want to promote my game. So here goes a rough pitch:

Lost in the Bayou is a micro-adventure game for browsers. You play as a runaway marooned in a swamp. Using your wits and hardened adventure game skills you can navigate the backwoods labyrinth and return home.

Apologies for seeming like a spammer. I am new to this forum.

TSA,What browser are you using? I know it’s a major faux pa, but I only really tested in chrome.

TSA,

I fixed some mouse issues in IE and Safari. If those are the browsers you are using please try again. I’d appreciate it.

The left click button is 0 in Chrome and 1 in IE. Also a date minus a date does not autocast to an interger.

Anyway it should work now.

Joined 2015-04-28

PM

As requested here are some more screenshots:

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

yashination - 29 April 2015 04:49 AM

Chrissie,

I do genuinely want to promote my game. So here goes a rough pitch:

Lost in the Bayou is a micro-adventure game for browsers. You play as a runaway marooned in a swamp. Using your wits and hardened adventure game skills you can navigate the backwoods labyrinth and return home.

Apologies for seeming like a spammer. I am new to this forum.

TSA,What browser are you using? I know it’s a major faux pa, but I only really tested in chrome.

TSA,

I fixed some mouse issues in IE and Safari. If those are the browsers you are using please try again. I’d appreciate it.

The left click button is 0 in Chrome and 1 in IE. Also a date minus a date does not autocast to an interger.

Anyway it should work now.

Sorry I should have said which browser I am using. I use Firefox on the Mac. Despite your efforts it doesn’t work in FF yet, but it does in Safari! I’m now stuck in the game:
I have to find the compass but my torch goes out in the cave.
Nice work. One tip though: I can hardly read the text in the black boxes. You could make it a whole lot bigger to make it more readable.
Keep up the work yashination, and who knows you’ll make it to Following Freeware one day! Wink

Joined 2015-04-28

PM

Sorry I should have said which browser I am using. I use Firefox on the Mac. Despite your efforts it doesn’t work in FF yet, but it does in Safari! I’m now stuck in the game:
I have to find the compass but my torch goes out in the cave.
Nice work. One tip though: I can hardly read the text in the black boxes. You could make it a whole lot bigger to make it more readable.
Keep up the work yashination, and who knows you’ll make it to Following Freeware one day! Wink

Thanks for playing! I will try to figure out the FF issue and make the text larger.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Knobbly Crook - Episode 1: http://knobblycrook.com/

Great art, characters, promising storyline, okay puzzles and archaic interface.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i played ‘i cant sleep in silence’ for an hour.. very good game with Blackwell Style and Resonance game playing style of using the note pad and scenes evidences/items as inventory options and when i needed to quite.. guess wat? the game doesn’t include saving games or neither saving upon exist, features?? huh!..  now i need to pass on it..

what a day!
i tried to new ags today but ended up with nothing to continue with

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 23 September 2016 06:28 PM

hehe

man, i believe ALL threads are in active state, even if there were no activity with em Crazy

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Advie - 23 September 2016 06:25 PM

i played ‘i cant sleep in silence’ for an hour.. very good game with Blackwell Style and Resonance game playing style of using the note pad and scenes evidences/items as inventory options and when i needed to quite.. guess wat? the game doesn’t include saving games or neither saving upon exist, features?? huh!..  now i need to pass on it..

what a day!
i tried to new ags today but ended up with nothing to continue with

Did you just give away your pick for the ‘what’s in the box’ game?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

never.. cant see where this assumption coming from?

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2015-05-20

PM

Funny that diego mentioned The Mystery of Catle Wildenburg; I have that open in my browser right now! What are the odds?

As far as browser-based point-and-clicks go, I recommend The Book of Living Magic by Jonas Kyratzes. He’s currently my favorite independent game developer, known for working on The Talos Principle. I love all of his games, but the ones set in The Lands of Dream are by far my favorite. There’s so much charm and personality in the setting, and with each game he paints a bigger picture, making it a really rich world.

There’s also the long-running Submachine series, which came to a wonderful conclusion with its tenth episode. They’re incredibly atmospheric, with a surreal, creative plot that is gradually revealed with each chapter. The games can be played for free in their entirety here at designer Mateusz Skutnik’s website.

Walking the fine line between being an original hardware nerd, and being broke from buying original hardware.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

One AGS game I really liked is Reactor 09

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/819/

It’s a nice prison escape game with a twist Smile

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Given freeware recommendations are ofcourse the games made by ZeroPunctuation.
5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Skeptic etc.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-10-03

PM

A couple years ago I made a 2-D adventure game called Epiphany. It’s heavily inspired by the Myst style of logic puzzles rather than inventory puzzles, though there is an inventory (mainly to house reference materials). Here’s the pitch:

Dear Ms. Arzeno:
I write to you bearing grievous news…

So begins the letter to bestselling American novelist Olive Arzeno, informing her of her estranged uncle’s demise at his home in Great Britain’s North York Moors. After making the voyage across the Atlantic to see firsthand the house and property she has just inherited, Olive finds a mysterious note left by her departed uncle and signs that a deeper tragedy may have befallen the previous inhabitants of this quiet, empty home in the hills of northeastern England…

Epiphany is a short 2-D adventure game created with the RPG Maker VX Ace engine. Throughout the game you will search for clues, solve logic-based puzzles, and uncover long-buried secrets. Due to the constraints of the RPG Maker engine, this game will only run on PCs (sorry Mac users).

You can download the game from my website at lindsleynw.com/games.

If you played the game and have positive or negative feedback, please let me know!

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

I would like to suggest 3 games, very different games that I did a lot of voice acting for.  All released fairly recently (at least the voiced versions were - the non-talkie versions have been out for a while).

——————————————————————————————————————————-

Captain Disaster in The Dark Side of the Moon (player character and 4 other voices)
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1718/

This was my first real adventure game that I designed and project managed all the way through.  I also did the graphics, which unfortunately means they are pretty awful.  Still I feel that this game is enjoyable for fans of comedy science fiction and (assuming you don’t skip all the conversations with Floyd), a solid storyline backing it up - and a couple of fairly devious puzzles.  Apologies in advance for two instances of pixel-hunting, strange as I really detest pixel-hunting but I put them in my own game!  Duh…  Also, much combining of inventory items, if you like that sort of thing (but sadly, no Abomination of Nature).

Jack (player character and 6 other voices)
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1856/

This one was by my AGS pal “Slasher”, a sometimes gruesome look into the world of the Ripper murders, with a blend of fact and fiction.  People who like (not too complicated) detective games should enjoy this.

Fanbots (player character and 4 other voices)
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1938/

This is a little game made for MAGS by AGS members LostTrainDude, Katschey and myself.  It’s based around robots trying to revive the TV series “Androids” that any Red Dwarf fan would be able to tell you briefly appeared in the season two finale that introduced us to Kryten (albeit not in his present form).  It’s a very short, easy game, but it is worth playing for the humour if you like Red Dwarf.  Also it has isometric graphics, bound to get those nostalgia buds tingling.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top