• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #2: Spider And Web

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Note that we were dropped back at the White Junction, not where we left off. I’ll continue from there.

>e

Corridor Boundary
The corridor angles here, and crosses a boundary of some sort as it does. A few strides down the southeast branch, a dotted red line crosses the floor. You can retreat from the boundary to the west.

>

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What do we have right now?

>inventory
>w
>se

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oh My God! Please tell me it’s not true!

Today GROUNDHOG DAY.
Tomorrow GROUNDHOG DAY.
Yesterday GROUNDHOG DAY.

We got to go on till we drop. Till we get it right.

Ahhhhrrrrrggggg!

The good news is that of course we now have the perfect music for this game:

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>i
You are carrying nothing worthy of attention, except a lockpick and a toolcase (which is open) (in which are a minilamp, a scan scrambler, an acid pack, a blast tab, a voice module, a radio module, a timer, a toggle switch, a pushbutton, a voice transmitter and a key transmitter).

>w

White Junction
You are in a bare tiled corridor, white tiles and cold white walls. The ceiling is acoustical panelling divided by illuminated strips of plastic. The hall runs north and east, with a branch curving away to the southeast.

>se
You return up the hallway as it curves around to the south.

Corridor By Entrance
The white corridor begins here, and curves away north. No one is about; the metal face of the entrance door stands closed to the west.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Oscar - 09 September 2016 10:20 AM

You are carrying nothing worthy of attention…

...except minilamp, a scan scrambler, an acid pack, a blast tab, a voice module, a radio module, a timer, a toggle switch, a pushbutton, a voice transmitter and a key transmitter.

>x door

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I found that amusing too Grin

>x door
It’s a naked sheet of metal, a foot taller than you, as wide as your outstretched arms. Beside it is a black plate which is twin to the one outside.

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

>use lockpick on plate

>turn lockpick

>w

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

LOL, going back outside? Shouldn’t we be doing this by the OTHER door? Tongue

Or do you just want to see what happens? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

TimovieMan - 09 September 2016 11:03 AM

LOL, going back outside? Shouldn’t we be doing this by the OTHER door? Tongue

Or do you just want to see what happens? Tongue

I want to say that I wanted to see what happens but the reality is I got confused, even with the map… and I`m an engineer, figure that out Smile

So yeah
>nw

>n

>x door

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I think an engineer is exactly what we will need with this game.

>nw

White Junction
You are in a bare tiled corridor, white tiles and cold white walls. The ceiling is acoustical panelling divided by illuminated strips of plastic. The hall runs north and east, with a branch curving away to the southeast.

>n

Corner At Doors
The hallway runs both east and south from here. There’s a featureless metal door to the west, which is closed; a more normal one stands closed to the north.

One of the ceiling panels is missing, leaving a rectangular gap above you.

>x door
Which do you mean, the normal door or the metal door?

>metal
The door to the west is metal. It has no handle; another black plate is visible beside it. The door is closed.

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Abnaxus - 09 September 2016 10:59 AM

>use lockpick on plate

>turn lockpick

>w

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

No need to turn the lockpick - it’s an electronic one.

>touch lockpick to plate
The pick locks itself rigidly to the black plate by the door. Its status dot flashes to yellow.

>wait
Time passes.

The lockpick’s status dot is sliding towards green.

>wait
Time passes.

The lockpick’s status dot is sliding towards green.

>wait
Time passes.

The lockpick’s status dot fades to pure green, and flicks steady blue.

The metal door slides open. Beyond, several people are working at cluttered desks. One looks up absently, and then stares; and then a loud buzzer echoes down the hall. Moments later, three guards charge towards you, weapons drawn.

—glaring light…

[Hit any key.]

Interrogation Chamber (imprisoned in the chair)
You blink away memory. The dim room comes again into focus, and the man behind the desk.

“That would be the logistics office. Five agents working at the time, very diligent men and women. None of whom recall their door popping open on them.” He shakes his head. “Your electronic key is a lovely toy, but you don’t have to play with it for my sake.” He touches a control.

...glaring light—

[Hit any key.]

White Junction
You stand lightly in a bare tiled corridor, white tiles and cold white walls. The ceiling is acoustical panelling divided by illuminated strips of plastic. The hall runs north and east, with a branch curving away to the southeast.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Want to see our toys

>x everything in inventory

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>i
You are carrying nothing worthy of attention, except a bolt wrench, a lockpick and a toolcase (which is open) (in which are a minilamp, a scan scrambler, an acid pack, a blast tab, a voice module, a radio module, a timer, a toggle switch, a pushbutton, a voice transmitter and a key transmitter).

>x voice module
It’s a small black box with a short antenna on one side, and a plus link on the other.

>i
You are carrying nothing worthy of attention, except a bolt wrench, a lockpick and a toolcase (which is open) (in which are a minilamp, a scan scrambler, an acid pack, a blast tab, a voice module, a radio module, a timer, a toggle switch, a pushbutton, a voice transmitter and a key transmitter).

>x bolt wrench
It’s a heavy steel wrench.

>x lockpick
The pick is a silver rod the size of your ring finger—not true silver, of course, nothing so easily scanned. It’s splayed at one end into a flat disc of conductor-web matrix. The status dot is blue.

>x minilamp
It’s a small yellow tube with a lens at one end. There’s a minus link on one edge of the tube.

>x scan scrambler
It’s a small orange pyramid, traced with conductor matrix. It can detect and scramble scan-web on any frequency… or so the theory is drawn. There’s a minus link on one edge.

>x acid pack
It’s a small brown cone, covered with tiny pores. It contains a pressurized capsule of a rather clever catalytic acid, which eats through most metals like a blowtorch but is harmless to anything else. (Well, fairly harmless. It does itch miserably.) There’s a minus link on one edge.

>x blast tab
It’s a small purple cube, which contains enough stabilized gel to blow a foot-wide hole in approximately anything. There’s a minus link on one edge.

>x voice module
It’s a small black box with a short antenna on one side, and a plus link on the other.

>x radio module

>x timer
The timer is a small black box with two dials on one side, and a plus link on the other. The status dot is blue. Both the green and blue dials are set to 1; the timer’s indicator is blank.

>x toggle switch
It’s a small black box with a two-way toggle switch on one side, and a plus link on the other. The switch is off.

>x pushbutton
It’s a small black box with a button on one side and a plus link on the other.

>x voice transmitter
It’s a small black square with an audio pickup on one side, and a short antenna on the other. The status dot is blue. The audio keywords are printed along one edge.

>x key transmitter
It’s a small black disc with a key to press on one side, and a short antenna on the other.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lets try to cross the red line?

>n
>w
> x around

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top